JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright this is a bit tough but this is the situation that I find myself in.

I won't go into great details online but I got very bad news when my MRI results came in Tuesday and my general practitioner labeled me "disabled". Apparently that was optimistic because one day later the neurosurgeon scheduled an appointment. (their time is valuable they don't say please come in for coffee) Me being a mechanically inclined type, looking at the MRI images and listening to his Johns Hopkins University expertise.... well, basically I'm screwed. When its all done I hope I can still hunt.

So

Can anybody refer a Portland area attorney? This is life changing. I want someone that's very, no, extremely good. Someone that knows Oregon disability and workmans comp law in and out and puts clients interests at least on par with theirs.

I got some metal right in the pupil of my left eye (the good eye btw) years ago and although workmans comp and Oregon SAFE accepted the claim I've never received so much as a reimbursement for glasses. I still get the same bureaucratic runaround everytime I get new glasses. It hasn't and will never focus no matter the prescription, it's done, fini. Cheap, no caring bastiges. I can't sit back and hope justice is going to happen this time.

I'm the guy who worked two full time jobs to move us up here from the spotted owl economies and then put a badly chosen wife through six years of a four year nursing degree. Never, ever, been on the dole. I fully understand that this is a detriment for disability acceptance..

If only I were a never working, urine soaked, drug abusing, obese ex con.....

Last Edited:
All I can say is dont let the doctors dictate to you what you can still do with your life. I agree its life changing, but take a hard look at the Willie Illingsworth story directly from the NorthWest. Willie boats to be more exact.

A can do attitude will do wonders for ya, I personally know of a man who has overcome a awful Chrones Disease and now is making twice what I pull in.

He was completely disabled by his doctors, It did not stop him from living his life to the fullest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top