Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Direct thread or QD?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by dirtyd, Dec 17, 2015.

1. dirtyd

dirtyd Kenmore Active Member

I have my trust set up and am considering which suppressor to get (7.62). My primary use will be on my 308 bolt but I may occasionally use on my 223's. Im wondering what your guys opinions are on direct thread vs QD? Is it worth the extra $$ do direct thread suppressors get glued on pretty tight after a range session or is that not an issue?

Thanks,
    Wes

Camarobear likes this.
  2. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm thinking for versatility the QD trumps. Pricing says the opposite. I'm still considering options for a 300 blackout myself. Someone with experience will have to answer last question for us both. Either way you'll have fun...

3. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Both of my big rifle cans are QD (SilencerCo Saker's) The other 6 I have are direct thread.

Honestly I think the biggest benefit to the QD mounts is you dont have to worry about buggering up the threads, which I have never done but I worry about.

It is not a problem to screw cans on and off, Its just not quite as cool.

For the rigs that I leave cans attached I prefer direct thread, less bulk and weight.