JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Digital cameras are back in fashion:

I never stopped using mine. It's a little Olympus SP-320. Which I got at the Goodwill for less than a dollar. It had a little grit of sand stuck in the lens that prevented it from telecsoping out. Once I removed the grit, the camera worked just as it was designed. Since then, I've taken hundreds and hundreds of images with it, mostly used to sell stuff online.

It perplexes me a bit when I read in the linked article that digital cameras are now favored by some Gen Z (new term for me) people due to the artistic flavor of the images produced. Artistic translated as blurry or off color. Which I don't understand, because I've always considered digital camera images the equal of or superior to those produced from my smart phone.

Gen Z'ers were quoted as saying they liked the digital camera because it wasn't linked to the internet. One of the major attributes of the smart phone for most users, I'd guess.

My clinging to the digital camera is a validating experience. Which I compare to my foot-dragging about natural gas conversion of my home of 35 years. When we first moved in here, natural gas service was not an option. About ten years later, a new development was put in across the road a few hundred yards away and the back-up natural gas line came up our road. PSE pitched us a couple of times about undertaking a natural gas connection. It was the thing to do. Which involved replacement of two major appliances at a minimum. I mulled it over. For years. I could never bring myself to follow through. Now, it seems I'm in fashion by sticking with electrical power. I'm on the leading edge of contributing to a Green World by not embracing the use of natural gas. I never knew I was sto stylish. Oh, and lately we've been warned that use of natural gas stoves and ranges was potentially health hazardous. Now I really feel better.

If people in Poland get Polaroids...what do people in Hemmerland get?

And if Seagulls fly over the sea...what flys over the bay? :D
Baygulls

1674095195378.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR