JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At what point are they legally required to change their name from "Discount" to "Premium" based on a fairly consistent markup on firearms and equipment?

I know there's no legal requirement, it's more of a snarky comment about some of the gouging going on in the market.

That'd be nice.

Down here in oregon we've got a place called "Northwest armory". When I saw their asking price on an S&W sigma I commented "you should change your name to Northwest Arm and a leg"

I can appreciate a business making money to continue to stay in business, and I can appreciate taking advantage of the market to a certain point.

But 33%+ from retail. I mean, holy cow.

I too am somewhat bothered by the profit taking by people but, one must remember: We could ask Uncle Obama to intervene. He's poised to dictate how much can be made on other commodities too. Unfortunately the BEST way to defuse the current situation is to not particiapte in the panic sales that are happening. If we could accomplish that we could force the free market system that we all love to come to reality and prices would equalize along with supply coming back in line.

Keep fighting the good fight!

:s0159:

I agree w/ trying to avoid the panic buying. I think the risk is that manufacturers will continue to feed the panic (and probably the NRA is a bit guilty of this as well) which will keep the average or even casual gun buyer spun up enough to keep prices inflated for a long time. I'm not confident they'll return to normal in some areas.

For me I have most of what I want already. I have maybe one or two more I really want to play with, but I have promised to shed the trinkets I've collected over the years that I don't use anymore.

So I will earn goodwill with my wife later in May and sell one of the bikes in the garage so she has more room to park. And THEN I'll indulge.

Edit: I really enjoy the conversations on this board. People here are passionate and reasonable at the same time. There are boards that are unreasonablly populated with serious nutjobs that can't tolerate alternate opinions. I haven't really seen anything here that indicates a die hard commitment to only one belief. Kudos to all of you for that, makes me personally place a lot more interest and value in what everyone contributes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top