Don't miss your shot to get trained by the best instructors during the next Oregon / Utah Concealed Handgun Lecture Class in Eugene Oregon. Sign Up for an upcoming Oregon / Utah Concealed Handgun Lecture Class in Eugene provided by the Oregon training experts at Defensive Firearms Instruction!
The Oregon and Utah Concealed Handgun Lecture Class meets the requirements set forth by your county Sheriff’s office to apply for your Oregon concealed handgun license. This course also meets the requirements set forth by Utah BCI to apply for your Utah non-resident concealed firearm permit. This is a lecture only course, no firearms are needed.
The Oregon and Utah Concealed Handgun Lecture Course is a comprehensive look at what is involved with lawfully carrying a handgun concealed. The information that is delivered in this training is cited from the National Rifle Association (NRA), Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST), and Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI). This period of instruction is approximately 5 hours long, and is delivered by certified firearms instructors.
The Concealed Handgun Lecture Course gives students the ability to apply for the Oregon and Utah Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHL). Upon successful completion of this class students will be provided with a certificate of completion of a firearms safety course, which is required to apply for the above listed Concealed Handgun Licenses.
The application paperwork for the Oregon CHL is obtained from the applicants local county Sheriff’s office website. Classes are scheduled regularly on our training calendar. With advanced notice, local private classes can be set up for parties of 7 or more at our training facility.
Individuals applying for an Oregon Concealed Handgun License need the following:
- An appointment with the local Sheriff’s office to submit application (if applicable)
- Certification of completion of a firearms safety course (obtained at this course)
- Valid Oregon ID/Drivers License with current address
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Completed county application (obtained on your local county Sheriff’s office website)
- DD 214 (if prior military)
- 4 firearms safety rules
- proper storage and transportation
- proper firearms handling
- operation and selection of the 5 main types of handguns
- how to properly clean and maintain your firearm
- ammunition types and selection
- concealment considerations
- civil and criminal laws pertaining to carrying concealed
- use of force laws
- decision making process for use of deadly force
- constitutional law
- interacting with law enforcement
- legal backing considerations
- where you can and cannot carry your firearm
- responsibilities associated with firearms ownership
Our instructors are always available to answer any questions students may have even after the initial class has been taken. The best way to get in contact with our team is either by phone or E-mail.
- Valid Form of Photo ID
The Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Upgrade is an additional $20.00 and is optional. If you already have your Oregon concealed handgun license, and are just taking this course to obtain your Utah concealed firearm permit; you would still have to successfully complete this course. The fee for just the Utah CFP would be the base fee of $80.00, the $20.00 upgrade would not apply.