JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We'll know more once we visit the site again. Take some pics, measurements and consider the ideas posted. Hopefully, we can proceed from there. It's not a big deal but a start in a good direction.

Yeah, disabled fellow here. 1/2 mile walk is impossible!

Good, clear signage at all safety points!
If done corectly, the area could be friendly to power mobility devices.
I too am unable to walk, so use a mobility scooter or my atv to get around out of doors.
A all terain vehicle is a mobility device acording to the ADA.

I'm sorry. I forget. Where does lead come from in the first place?

The Lefties Theories On Metals Distribution

Well.....Lead, and copper too, were brought to us by nondenominational, agnostic angels! But then horrible, evil trolls in the firearms industry made terrible Black Rifles that coerced they're owners into shooting those precious metals through kittens and stuff and into the earth to poison the children! More Kool Aid Please!!!

Last Edited:
We just rented a mini excavator (and i mean MINI! It fits through a doorway) for our yard, and i'm surprised by how much dirt that thing can shove around. A bobcat oughta do ya for most anything ya'll want to do, and most places i looked into were renting 'em for somewhere around $200 per day or $700 for a week. If you want gravel, you shouldn't need the dump rig. Many places that sell the gravel will deliver and dump for you, if you want to use the bobcat or hand rakes to spread it.

I'm not sure i have the layout proper in my mind, but i'm seeing a 3 timed fork from the main road in, each tine being a separate shooting aisle, ending with, and being sided with, berms. I like the idea for a gong sunk in crete at the long range, but does this violate any target rules (only shooting at paper or clay targets)?
I think installing actual target holders would be a great idea. It would help keep people looking on ONE area to focus fire, instead of trusting everyone to actually shoot straight downrange. And you could call for an occasional donations or help during cleanup crew days to rebuild target stands if necessary.

At our free range in California, we had a concrete picnic table at the head of each shooting aisle, so shooters could shoot seated, post sandbags for bench shooters, or even set up a shooting vise. And nobody's stealing THOSE!

Pretty soon, rangers started stopping by randomly, when it hecame more and more popular, which was actually pretty nice. Kept drunken shooting, garbage, and a lot of other things down.

I don't support the gate idea. My mother is disabled, as well. She CAN walk, and doesn't have a mobility scooter. But she can't be walking 1/2 mile back and forth each time with a range bag, firearms, etc.

Granted, ya'll are a bit far away so we'd probably never go there, but i'd like to know this place is going to be accessible for folks that may be older or disabled, but want to go out and have a good safe time and shoot some guns.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top