JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the G3 design and an accurate barrel you can pretty much skip the bolt gun, since every accessory known to man is now available for the G3/HK rifles

For some reason or other my "idiot box" computer whouldn't let me use the link,but theres' more then a few folks who if asked whould say I know a thing or two when it comes to "sniper rifles";so I'll throw in my two cents.

Some of my favorite "sniper" rifles I keep around are pretty much thought of as relics by most folks,but old Mausers and Mosins are cheap,not hard to find and in some cases out-shoot some of these newer fancy-smancy $2,000 set-ups.Laugh if ya like,but they really knew how to build em' back in my pappy's day.

zeezee: That depends on who you ask. In my job, we have designated marksmen, advanced designated marksmen, and snipers.

The designated marksman (DM) uses an M4 with an ACOG 4x optic. They are attached to a squad and are used for things like overwatch and maybe counter-sniping if the range is close enough.

The advanced designated marksman (ADM) is qualified on the M24 SWS (essentially the Remington 700P). They may also certify on the M107 Barrett. They may or may not be attached to a squad, can only be used in pairs (one shooter, one spotter), and are used for overwatch, limited recon, and a limited application of precision engagement. The ADM can act as a DM

The sniper is also qual'd on the M24 and/or M107 and works as a team of two. The difference is when they are used as they are trained, they can be used for stalking, tracking, a wide range of recon applications, and precision engagement. They can also act as a DM or ADM.

Again, it depends on who you ask. I know other specialties use their snipers and DMs differently.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top