JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been looking for one too. According to some of the friends on this site, American Derringer is the way to go. Bond Arms, at least from the few I've handled, seemed solid, though "clunky", for want of a better expression. All of the Davis and Cobra derringers I've owed were a study in crapola and have been long since dumped. YMMV.

I've been looking for one too. According to some of the friends on this site, American Derringer is the way to go. Bond Arms, at least from the few I've handled, seemed solid, though "clunky", for want of a better expression. All of the Davis and Cobra derringers I've owed were a study in crapola and have been long since dumped. YMMV.

LOL. I would not have thought of them as clunky until i read your post. I have one and the weight is an advantage. 357 was actually comfortable to shoot. 45 Long Colt on the other hand... well, lets I only shot 2 before changing barrels!

The Bond Arms are practically the same size as some semis. So I don't see them as a good choice in my opinion.

The North American Arms are more of a better choice in my opinion.

That black widow is a nice looking little gun. I was mostly looking for the lady. She has a sig P238 but she's has a pretty slim frame and wears tight clothes. Can't really conceal much that way. Hoping something like this could disappear into a pocket and go unnoticed.

I have a NAA Pug in 22WMR... 5 shots of intestinal perforators that will cause one to go septic in three ticks.

3F957437-94C6-49A7-87D4-E3C6CC8CD619.jpeg 20D642FF-3D24-44F9-89A2-AB7AD18C9F7C.jpeg

The Bond Arms are practically the same size as some semis. So I don't see them as a good choice in my opinion.

That is kind of what prevented me from investing in one too in years past. The same size, or larger, than a pocket auto. A little thinner than a small revolver, but not too far off on dimensions. So a single-action only two shooter or a revolver or automatic with more capacity, better trigger, etc., meh, the choice was clear.

Still, I wouldn't mind finding a nice derringer in .410-bore for the dispatching of vermin and snakes.

I agree. AD is the way to go, had one in .38 appropriate size appropriate caliber. much more refined than Bond.

Ended up picking up the NAA wasp. 5 shots of 22 mag. Small enough that it goes unnoticed it my pocket. For the price it seems pretty good. Going to take it out later and see how it does. Will update after the range trip.

Avoid them. They are dangerous if dropped. Rex Applegate told me that he tested a Remington one in WW II and was underwhelmed with the penetration. That was in traditional .41 RF, of course.

I doubt the locking systems are really strong enough for modern ammo, although steels have improved.

Get a small .380 auto or a snub .38 instead. Accuracy will be better, especially beyond armslength distances, and they are simply safer.

I would definitely her rather carry her sig P238 or my s&w snub but it needs to stay concealed but accessible and with her small frame and wardrobe it makes options limited. The NAA wasp actually has a lock indents on the cylinder to keep the hammer of a live chamber. If needed pull the hammer back and pull the trigger.

Also looking into a corset style holster for her for when we get into the cooler months. I think her sig would hide easy under even a light sweater with the corset style holster.

Last Edited:
I have two NAA's in 22 mag. one is 1 1/2 and pretty hard (for me) to hit anything beyond 8 to ten feet.
BUT then, for up close and dirty, more barrel is more to conceal.
The other is a four incher and will hit where you aim it (if you can) to about fifty feet. That said, I couldn't hit much beyond 20 feet until I radically altered IMGP0884.JPG it with a larger grip and a buris fastfire 2 which now makes squrril head shots at 50 plus feet no big deal. BUT, that loses the conceal properties so the mini is the pocket buddy as a backup. 1m1.jpg
If you go for the NAA to carry, I would go with newer than older as the newer ones have a notch between rounds to rest the hammer, not so the older ones which rests on the round.
If you want bigger boom in two shot I thought the double tap which also carries two spare in the handle, d1.jpg had it over the bond d2.jpg type because of the thinness of profile and less weight though I know nothing about them other than handling them.

Last Edited:
I was really interested in a Bond Arms derringer until I picked on up... way too big and heavy for 2 shots in my opinion.

I also really considered a DoubleTap for a while until I started reading and seeing videos where both barrels fired at the same time munching the shooters palm and fingers in the process. From what I can tell the shooters were cycling the triggers so the bottom barrel would shoot first to make it easier to get a followup shot when the double fires happened. I decided against the DoubleTap.

I have 3 NAA revolvers. A .22lr with 1" barrel, a .22mag with 1 5/8" barrel and a Sidewinder .22 mag with a 2" barrel. They have all been great reliable guns... they just lack power.

I usually carry a KelTec P32. Very small, very light and a bit heavier hitter than .22 mag.

I also frequently carry a LCP which seemed smaller and considerably lighter than a Sig 238 when I looked at both side by side at the gun counter before buying the LCP. My LCP has been 100% reliable.

My DB9 has also been 100 percent reliable. It isn't fun to shoot but I do like being able to carry a 9mm in such a small caliber.

I frequently carry a bond arms derringer in the back pocket with 3 inch PDX1 in it. It is my designated largish critter gun for use on walks in town. I also carry a p938. I want a big boom for a large critter. Puma live near as do coyotes and large dogs. The .410 bond arms derringer is pretty darn handy. It might have more felt recoil than my .454 casull. But man, it puts out the spread.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads