Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Delete

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by The Duck, Jun 13, 2009.

1. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

Delete

2. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

If only we could get the ammo to fallow

3. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

It will catch up and when it does, there will be "scabs" with a lot of ammo to unload at a loss!

Myself, just picked up a new .22 to carry me through the summer of cheap fun and will just sit on the .223 and .45 for now...

4. finch6013

its easier to shoot .223 then it is to shoot .22. At least you can find .223
    I might sell some of my .22's since I cant shoot them. I'd rather have .223 money

5. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

I have had my AR up for sale/trade at what I believe to be a very reasonable price for a few weeks now, and with the exception of a few trade offers here and there, its been pretty dead. If i would have posted my AR and stuff in January or February, it would have been sold within 15 mins of posting it I bet. I have seen alot of others with the same story. I agree, the gun rush is slowing down a bit. Definately still a bummer on the ammo situation though!

6. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

I sure like the optimism on this site. It makes me feel warm and happy inside. Any forecasts on when I won't have to check Bi-Mart twice weekly for 9mm ammo?

7. TheDogFather

TheDogFather Bellingham, WA Member

I don't seem to have a problem finding standard FMJ ammo for the 9MM locally, but HP rounds are pretty scarce. I find top shelf .357 mag and .38 self defense HP rounds, but that gets expensive for routine range shooting.

8. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

I hope it's getting close to being over, Personally I wouldnt mind seeing "scalpers" getting stuck with those $40 bricks of .22 ! :thumbup:

9. Dan-Dee Sales Inc

Dan-Dee Sales Inc Sweet Home, Oregon, United States Active Member

:)

10. ETViking

ETViking Keizer OR New Member

Some of the scalpers are local gun shops. At least in my area. They buy out the retail ammo and mark it up at their shops. Not a good way to attract customers! I hope they loose on the deal!

11. swwjeff

swwjeff Fort Vancouver, USA Active Member

Let's hope prices do drop, but folks remember why the panic started. We're not out of the woods yet.

12. repins05

repins05 OR Member

Rock River is catching up at a rapid pace......the market is going to flood with Ar15 related items sooner than later.

13. warnerwh

warnerwh Portland, OR Member

The most important part of this situation will be what you learn from it. Many of us who went through the Clinton era stocked up on reloading supplies after the rush. When the shortage ended things like primers went down to normal prices fast. There were more reloading supplies/ammo than anyone needed. There will be a next time this shortage happens. Stock up when prices are cheap. Be patient.

14. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

Correct!

Then stock up because there will be another dry spell in three years, and it may last a little bit longer.

With the economy getting worse and violent crime getting worse so likely will go peoples oppinions towards guns and ammo.

15. SONALB

SONALB Albany,OR Member

I would like to applaud our Bi-Mart. They are marking every box of ammo with
    "Bi-Mart" in black marker, hopefully to deter local 'scalping'. They also lowered limits awhile back. There efforts to serve more at there prices is greatly appreciated!

I'll be checking ammo situation for fun in Alaska soon(between hauling in fish I hope):)

16. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

I was in ABG Buyers the other day, and they said they aren't buying ammo they can't sell at a decent price. They're afraid that if customers come in and see an outrageous price for ammo, those customers won't come back. Even if ABG isn't making squat on the sale, they don't want customers to have a bad taste in their mouths from the buying experience.

So I picked up a few bricks of VERY reasonably priced .22 LR and went on my way, thinking to myself, "I should support this shop."

17. finch6013

good to hear

18. CaughtSteelin

CaughtSteelin Oregon Member

I was working in Seward, AK in May running trips for butts (hurt my back, had to leave). There "outdoor stores" had huge selections of ammo. But it was marked up a little, 3-5$ more than normal.

Have fun!

19. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

Is violent crime getting worse? The FBI says it was down in 2008, which I understood to be a longterm trend in the US as a whole.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/01/violent.crime.declines/

20. KomradRazvan

KomradRazvan Portland and Salem Oregon New Member

You can see Russia from there... that's why. LOL :laugh::bluelaugh::laugh: