JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If only we could get the ammo to fallow

It will catch up and when it does, there will be "scabs" with a lot of ammo to unload at a loss!

Myself, just picked up a new .22 to carry me through the summer of cheap fun and will just sit on the .223 and .45 for now...

I have had my AR up for sale/trade at what I believe to be a very reasonable price for a few weeks now, and with the exception of a few trade offers here and there, its been pretty dead. If i would have posted my AR and stuff in January or February, it would have been sold within 15 mins of posting it I bet. I have seen alot of others with the same story. I agree, the gun rush is slowing down a bit. Definately still a bummer on the ammo situation though!

I don't seem to have a problem finding standard FMJ ammo for the 9MM locally, but HP rounds are pretty scarce. I find top shelf .357 mag and .38 self defense HP rounds, but that gets expensive for routine range shooting.

Some of the scalpers are local gun shops. At least in my area. They buy out the retail ammo and mark it up at their shops. Not a good way to attract customers! I hope they loose on the deal!

The most important part of this situation will be what you learn from it. Many of us who went through the Clinton era stocked up on reloading supplies after the rush. When the shortage ended things like primers went down to normal prices fast. There were more reloading supplies/ammo than anyone needed. There will be a next time this shortage happens. Stock up when prices are cheap. Be patient.

The most important part of this situation will be what you learn from it. Many of us who went through the Clinton era stocked up on reloading supplies after the rush. When the shortage ended things like primers went down to normal prices fast. There were more reloading supplies/ammo than anyone needed. There will be a next time this shortage happens. Stock up when prices are cheap. Be patient.

Correct!

Then stock up because there will be another dry spell in three years, and it may last a little bit longer.

With the economy getting worse and violent crime getting worse so likely will go peoples oppinions towards guns and ammo.

I would like to applaud our Bi-Mart. They are marking every box of ammo with
"Bi-Mart" in black marker, hopefully to deter local 'scalping'. They also lowered limits awhile back. There efforts to serve more at there prices is greatly appreciated!

I'll be checking ammo situation for fun in Alaska soon(between hauling in fish I hope):)

I was in ABG Buyers the other day, and they said they aren't buying ammo they can't sell at a decent price. They're afraid that if customers come in and see an outrageous price for ammo, those customers won't come back. Even if ABG isn't making squat on the sale, they don't want customers to have a bad taste in their mouths from the buying experience.

So I picked up a few bricks of VERY reasonably priced .22 LR and went on my way, thinking to myself, "I should support this shop."

I would like to applaud our Bi-Mart. They are marking every box of ammo with
"Bi-Mart" in black marker, hopefully to deter local 'scalping'. They also lowered limits awhile back. There efforts to serve more at there prices is greatly appreciated!

I'll be checking ammo situation for fun in Alaska soon(between hauling in fish I hope):)

I was working in Seward, AK in May running trips for butts (hurt my back, had to leave). There "outdoor stores" had huge selections of ammo. But it was marked up a little, 3-5$ more than normal.

Have fun!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR