JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a recovering addict have you ever relapsed and said to yourself, "I'll just have one dorito, drink, puff etc and stop there but then you had more than one? I don't regret breaking my spending fast to buy the Colt but dang my willpower sucks. Maybe the sellers need the money for medicine and I will be helping save a life.

1680254004529.png

Last Edited:
I put together a budget this morning. 41% of take home will be going towards savings and credit card debt. Once child support obligation ends the savings percentage should jump up to around 48% of take home pay.
Even after my fall off the gun purchasing wagon, I was able to meet the first half of my new monthly budget allocations. I had spent an unplanned $600 (including transfer fees) on the purchase of four firearms. Fortunately I made more money at second job than I planned for and had extra money left over in checking account from March balance. That more than covered the $600 spend on firearms. I am on track with new budget and will make an extreme effort not to purchase any other firearms this month. SB 348 is going to tempt me but I will resist.

I think you need to try some of that hypno therapy stuff. Like where they suggest to smokers that ciggies taste like da poo poo.

Just with cheap krap guns instead of cigs.

where do you keep all of them?

How's the elimination of payments going?

Wife and I are waiting for a payoff amount for the mortgage.

Then it's just a very small student loan to knock out and we are done.

You don't need a diesel truck payment and $5 latte's.

It's worth it in the end.

After a weekend up at the cabin property I have come to the realization that I have way more projects (both firearm and non-firearm related) than I will ever be able to complete in a single lifetime. Other than fuel, I spent hardly any money but was able to stay plenty busy and have some fun.

I am not much closer to be debt free than I was back in January. I have accumulated a ton more stuff and will be struggling over the coming weeks to get it properly stored away.

I am going to redouble my efforts to get my debt paid off this year. It should still be doable, if I can resist buying any more "good deals" until the debt is paid off.

Look forward to more useless projects experiments, etc but with a free to super low cost bent to them.

After a weekend up at the cabin property I have come to the realization that I have way more projects (both firearm and non-firearm related) than I will ever be able to complete in a single lifetime. Other than fuel, I spent hardly any money but was able to stay plenty busy and have some fun.

I am not much closer to be debt free than I was back in January. I have accumulated a ton more stuff and will be struggling over the coming weeks to get it properly stored away.

I am going to redouble my efforts to get my debt paid off this year. It should still be doable, if I can resist buying any more "good deals" until the debt is paid off.

Look forward to more useless projects experiments, etc but with a free to super low cost bent to them.
Nah, never gonna happen.

Very nice! Even a bargain on a Model 27 would be out of my price range.

I did pick up a Model 28-2 for $450 a couple years ago, and a Model 19-2 for $400 last year, so I'll have to give you a pass on that one too. Vintage S&W revolvers are a weakness for me as well.

Personally I've been able to stick to my "no more guns" commitment. I'm not even buying any more ammo or reloading stuff for a while. I'm going to be pinching pennies hard due to home repair expenses, and even after that we're really trying to change the way we live long-term, break the consumerism habit and live a simpler life.

$20 wire fee to pay off a 37 cent mortgage balance today.

Insane.

Would have been done a few months ago if it weren't for my Inslee Gun Buying sprees.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews