Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CZ P01

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by redmistnmysight, Dec 8, 2013.

1. redmistnmysight

redmistnmysight ..... Member

Hi all, thx for taking the time to read this thread. I have found that the P01 is increasingly popular and I am not having much luck finding any in my area. I purchased my own last year and I am very pleased with it. So much so I wanted two. I haven't seen another yet. I've found a couple 75b but that's about it. I'm in Az and I was curious as too how it is up there. Availability, price and the commenters opinion on the gun is valued. My own opinion is positive with the exception of the night sights it came with. Thumbs down on those but I'll be putting some of my own on. Thx again

2. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

The two CZ dealers in the Rogue Valley have them in waves but never more than two at a time. It was the first CZ I ever shot and is what lead me to the purchase of my all time favorite pistol SP-01Tac in 9mm . As for the availability of the P-01 they seem to be around….not like all the popular brands but pretty good for a brand that is fairly untapped in the masses
    What I did see the other day at one of the dealers was a pistol I had been seeking for a while, the 2075 BD RAMI , the all metal. One sweet subcompact, unfortunately for me I have to exercise restraint at the moment.

Rimrattle likes this.
  3. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

So far in my window shopping endeavors I have only seen the p07 duty regularly and one shiny 75.

4. 68fastback

68fastback Linn County OR Active Member

Damascusgunshop.com has CZ P-01s in stock for $539, that's free shipping and no credit card fees. And in black or OD Green, I ordered a green one the other day.

5. oli700

Going to be SWEET ! and the Damascus Shop is great to deal with.....don't forget a pic or two when it comes in

6. 68fastback

Will do :thumbup: should be here Friday! :D

7. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I have seen them over here in Central Oregon. I haven't owned a P-01, but would like to. I like the ergos of them a lot.

8. 68fastback

Ok I'm not sure if this is where I should post pics but...

I picked it up yesterday and it is sweeeeeet! :D Can't believe how light it is and feels in the hand. The fit and finish is superb. VERY NICE !!!

Sorry for crappy cell pics, it doesn't do the OD green justice...

p01.7.jpg

Nightshade, 97321, oli700 and 3 others like this.
  9. oli700

very nice !......welcome to one of the best pistols ever made

10. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Yep, and the trigger gets better the more you work it. What impresses me the most is how the slide feels as you "Glide" it onto the frame. FYI, there are trigger kits available that purportedly make the trigger much like a fine 1911. Enjoy!

Mike

11. oli700

Do it yourself from Cajun Gun Works.....

Rivals a good 1911 trigger.

The key to a good CZ trigger is the hammer hook angle…….decocker versions are a little tougher to work on but not a nightmare, if you ever decide to do it and need any help , come back and I'll give you a hand through it

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

CGW hammer hook vs. stock angle and cut
    IMG_0944.jpg

polish all the mating surfaces
    IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_1265_zpse76f7d9a.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_1265_zpse76f7d9a.jpg

12. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Bought mine from Federal Way Discount Guns exactly 10 days before the Sandy Hook event... they have not had them in stock since. I do see quite a few on Gun Brokers and I think Buds Guns has them in stock now. At around $550, they simply have to be the best value for the money on the market IMO. I absolutely love the gun... it operates flawlessly and is as accurate as anything else I have shot.

13. Brandocommando9

Brandocommando9 Washington New Member

Federal way discount has had and sold a few p01s since sandy. I saw them multiple times this year