JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got a P07 this weekend for at Federal Way Discount for 459.00 out the door. Cleaned the gun and put about 400 rounds through it. Half was WWB, half reloads 124gr Berry bullets light loads. No FTF No FTE. Magazines full loaded with one in the chamber. Magazines dropped freely.

First impressions double action trigger is a little rough. So was my SP01 but after 1000 rounds it really smoothed out. I figure this would be the same. Single action is nice and smooth though. There's also quite a bit of overtravel and reset in my opinion.

Overall feel of the gun is very comfortable. Sights are just okay, probably will switch later with fiber optic whenever one comes out. So far with my first range trip to the range i like it. After a few more range trips and maybe using it in an match, i'll decide if it's a keeper.

Here are some pics next to my Glock 19. Since the G19 is similar in size i figure i'd use it as a comparison. The P07 has a much slimmer grip.

21llbic.jpg
332xno9.jpg
2lmqqsz.jpg
4khd2w.jpg

If you had to choose between the Glock 19 or CZ P-07, then which one would you pick?

I'm buying my first CCW handgun and would like to know. I've heard great things about both so it's nice to hear from someone who has both. Thanks!

If you had to choose between the Glock 19 or CZ P-07, then which one would you pick?

I'm buying my first CCW handgun and would like to know. I've heard great things about both so it's nice to hear from someone who has both. Thanks!

That's a rough one if i had to choose between the two. As of right now i'd say the Glock 19 only because i've had it longer and carried and shot it more.

Accessories - The glock 19 wins on this. The parts are cheap.
Magazines cheaper than P07.
Lots more different sights for the Glock 19. Right now there's no aftermarket sights for the P07.

Holsters - There are much more choices for holsters for the Glock 19(which is important for CCW). Right now only holster for the P07 is from CZ.

Carry - The CZ has more options on ways to carry. It comes with both a decocking lever and safety. So you can carry loaded with hammer decocked and first shot will be double action, or you can change to safety lever and carry cocked and locked. Glock19 it's either carry with a round in the chamber or without a round in chamber.
I'm starting to carry the CZ more now. One round in chamber, decocked.

Price - new P07 450.00. new Glock 19 = 550.00

The best advice i can give is to find a range that let's you rent and try to shoot both. See which one feels better for you. Do a lot of reading of the forums and the opinions on each gun.

Thanks for that explanation. I really like all the things you pointed out about each firearm. However, I'm still torn because each one is so unique.

Can you compare the accuracy a bit for me? Also, which trigger system do you feel is "better"/"smoother". I know it'll be different for each person's marksmanship ability but in a general sense would be good.

For now, I might be leaning toward the CZ P-07 just due to the price and the ability to carry it chambered in DA. I don't feel comfortable carrying a firearm chambered in SA. I think that extra second to pull the trigger helps more than it hurts in most situations.

Lastly, you talked about accessories being cheaper for the Glock 19. How would you say the build quality is between the two guns? Accessories?

Thanks again for the insight.

Magix,Take a look at a Sig SP2022 or a CZ PO-1. Both in the price range and super excellent pistols. Both better guns for concealed carry. I have both, accurate, reliable. I also have a Glock which I think I'm going to sell. I don't like the Glock with no "safety", carrying concealed it can snag that trigger very easily. Glock "safety'trigger is just an advertising thing im my opinion.Law enforcement carry is different. At times I carry my pistol in my cargo pants pocket, never the Glock. As you can see I'm not a Glock fan The Sig can be carried decocked or not and the CZ is the same way. The CZ PO-1 is a NATO approved gun also. Both are reasonable weight for carry and parts etc. and service are excellent. The Sig SP2022 is a steal at this time. Go to the Sig forum for more info. Spad

Funny you mentioned the Sig SP2022. My three choices are as follows:

1. Glock 19
2. CZ P-07
3. Sig SP2022

I thought the Sig would be too large for CCW. Is it similar in size to the Glock or CZ?

The P-07 Duty is awesome. I own many nines. Rugers, Smiths, Beretta, FN, and Kahr. The CZ shot perfect out of the box. Great trigger. Tough to beat for the price. Only downside - Not American made.

Have to say the Sig SP2022 is about the biggest I carry, but it is a superb gun, things like different interchangeable grips come with it and the night sights alone are really worth it. The DEA uses the .40 caliber version. US Army Tank Command ordered 5000. The Swiss Military uses them. You can't go wrong getting the Sig. It is no bigger then the CZ Duty. I would say get the CZ PO-1 if getting a CZ. The Sig is really great. Take a look at one, it will feel a little top heavy with no ammo in it,but loaded with a few rounds it perfect. A Quality gun that Sig is talking about not carrying in the states,but will keep parts on hand until 2022 in the US. The 2022 will be sold in Europe continuiously. The US Army has just ordered 5000 of them for the Columbian military. The French police selected them and have them now. I got mine from CDNN for $469.00 and worth every penny. Spad

The P-07 Duty is awesome. I own many nines. Rugers, Smiths, Beretta, FN, and Kahr. The CZ shot perfect out of the box. Great trigger. Tough to beat for the price. Only downside - Not American made.

I second that, The more I shot mine the better I like it.

I bought this one to take with me camping and when I am out riding and to keep in the car/trunk.

I usually like to keep my guns pristine but at this price point I just toss it under or behind the seat and I am good to go.