JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a gunsmith that can do stuff for CZ-75's. I have an old pre-B, but all I have for it are the newer 16rd magazines and they are a liiiittle sticky coming out. I'd like to have the mag well widened very slightly so they go in smooth and drop free. Also, every 400rds or so I get a failure to extract and this is no good for a gun I use for IPSC and carry, so I'd like to have the extractor looked at. Finally, I'd like a set of tritium night sights, but they don't make the old stake-on kind anymore so I'd like whatever modification is necessary to be done to get some nice night sights on it. I may not have the $ to do all this at once, but I definitely want to get the extracting issue resolved asap. SO, if anyone knows a good CZ smith somewhere near tigard or an hour's drive radius or so I'd be much obliged if they post here. Thanks!

You're best bet is to send it to angus in arizona, I know its not local, but he is arguably the best CZ smith in the country.

<broken link removed>

I dunno, these seem like relatively simple things so I'd really prefer someone local. I know another guy in CO that's a pretty good CZ smith too. Thanks for the info though, I'll definitely consider it if I can't find something around here.

I think I'd like to take apart the extractor myself. If all it needs is a good thorough cleaning, then great. Otherwise I bet I could install a new extractor spring on my own. Does anyone know where to buy punches near Tigard? The Gun Broker on 99W doesn't have stuff like that.

you would be better off to sell your gun and buy a new one with the sights you want. Reworking sights, purchasing the doner set and the other work you want done; it is going to cost you pretty penny.

For what you would spend on the work and the price you would get for your gun, you could just about buy a SP-01 and there is not much better for competition.

Is there a Sears in Tigard?

There is, in fact. I didn't think of that.

you would be better off to sell your gun and buy a new one with the sights you want. Reworking sights, purchasing the doner set and the other work you want done; it is going to cost you pretty penny.

For what you would spend on the work and the price you would get for your gun, you could just about buy a SP-01 and there is not much better for competition.

Oh probably, but then it wouldn't be a pre-B. :( I'm kinda silly about some things. The sights are not terribly important, it will probably be something to do down the road.

Also, I posted on the cz forums about the extracting problem and it seems this is fairly common with older CZs and all I need to do is purchase a stronger extractor spring. An easy and cheap fix. Costs $3 lol.

Got my new extractor spring and a punch to poke out the extractor pin today. I put it in and I will go shoot it later today. It may just have been having problems because it was dirty as **** in there. They should sell pistols with an extractor punch lol. I think I'll pop that sucker out every time I clean from now on.

EDIT: Works great! Shot lots of ammunition up and there were no issues.

I got one of the SP-01 magazines, it's drop free and everything. Took it to IPSC, worked great! Used it as my first mag every course because it's the only one I have that is drop free lol. Only problem is I can't for the life of me get the 19th round in the magazine! D: I think they are 18rd magazines and just mislabeled on the website or something because I compared with an SP-01 user who had some 18rd mags and it was exactly the same. Also if it was 19rds, why would the lowest witness hole be 18? Doesn't matter since I shot production anyway but interesting. Maybe I will give the cz custom shop a call about their misprint.
SSPX0290.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top