Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CZ 75 BD

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by robertg, Jan 25, 2014.

1. robertg

robertg Sandy Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I bought a CZ 75 BD last week and went with my buddy to the range and shot it side by side with his Browning High Power. Other than the grip being different they shot exactly the same, it amazed us how little difference there was in recoil and accuracy.
    The High Power cost $500 more than mine. Just an observation.

2. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

The CZ 75 in all it's iterations is a truly exceptional firearm, especially for the money. I've owned several along the way. Even the ones from EAA, SAR, and Canik are great guns.

3. Atlantis

Atlantis Boring Oregon New Member

Howdy. Had fun didn't we. But, It's hard to diss a Browning.

4. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My CZ 75B is my favorite in my growing collection.

5. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

the best kept secret in the pistol world, and I like it that way.
    You don't see them around every corner and when you do you just give a little nod like "you know"......My SP-01 is the best 1000 dollar pistol I ever bought for 600 bucks.....I've not met its match. And when you say the grip is different than a High Power it is, it is better ! Nothing has a grip like that, like you took modeling clay, squeezed it and CZ made a grip with it

daoism likes this.
  6. rick49

rick49 Lewis Well-Known Member

What he said!

7. usagi

usagi Redmond Well-Known Member

i love my cz-75 p-01. and it has an NSN! extra cool factor / pub facts :D

8. Backfire

Backfire Tualatin, OR Active Member

Years ago, I purchased a TZ-75 (Tanfoglio Brothers, imported by EAA) in 9mm because I thought it was an excellent value, a lot of gun for the money. Years and thousands of rounds convinced me I'd made a good choice. It was exceptionally reliable with factory ammunition and all of my handloads, and it fit nicely in my hand. It was my son's introduction to centerfire autoloaders when he was in high school, and he did a fine job with it. When my son (now on active duty) returned from his second deployment to the Gulf last year, I presented him with that pistol, and he seems delighted with it. However, now that I've relinquished that one, I must replace it! And the next will probably be a CZ-75B.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  9. Landcruiser

Landcruiser Gresham Active Member

Don't forget the Israeli take on it; The Baby Eagle. Fit and finish a little better than the EAA, a little more unique and mine shoots wonderful. As for it's not a Browning...the Highpower isn't even a Browning designed Browning....

10. TwinStick

TwinStick In the wind Active Member

Isn't it also the most widely adopted service pistol in the world outside of the USA? That's got to say something for their quality and durability.

11. duckfan

duckfan The great NW New Member

Did you get the cz 75b yet? If so how are you liking it?

12. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I owned one for about 13 years, and sold it about a year and a half ago, when I thinned my collection to buy a house. I miss it, and would love to have another. If so, perhaps it will be an original CZ75, made in "Czechoslovakia".

13. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

Big CZ fan here. My P-01 is my CCW, and I love that thing.

14. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

CZ's are great guns. And if you want them to be even better, send them off to czcustom.com for a trigger job.