JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a CZ 75 BD last week and went with my buddy to the range and shot it side by side with his Browning High Power. Other than the grip being different they shot exactly the same, it amazed us how little difference there was in recoil and accuracy.
The High Power cost $500 more than mine. Just an observation.

the best kept secret in the pistol world, and I like it that way.
You don't see them around every corner and when you do you just give a little nod like "you know"......My SP-01 is the best 1000 dollar pistol I ever bought for 600 bucks.....I've not met its match. And when you say the grip is different than a High Power it is, it is better ! Nothing has a grip like that, like you took modeling clay, squeezed it and CZ made a grip with it

the best kept secret in the pistol world, and I like it that way.
You don't see them around every corner and when you do you just give a little nod like "you know"......My SP-01 is the best 1000 dollar pistol I ever bought for 600 bucks.....I've not met its match. And when you say the grip is different than a High Power it is, it is better ! Nothing has a grip like that, like you took modeling clay, squeezed it and CZ made a grip with it

What he said!

Years ago, I purchased a TZ-75 (Tanfoglio Brothers, imported by EAA) in 9mm because I thought it was an excellent value, a lot of gun for the money. Years and thousands of rounds convinced me I'd made a good choice. It was exceptionally reliable with factory ammunition and all of my handloads, and it fit nicely in my hand. It was my son's introduction to centerfire autoloaders when he was in high school, and he did a fine job with it. When my son (now on active duty) returned from his second deployment to the Gulf last year, I presented him with that pistol, and he seems delighted with it. However, now that I've relinquished that one, I must replace it! And the next will probably be a CZ-75B.

Last Edited:
Don't forget the Israeli take on it; The Baby Eagle. Fit and finish a little better than the EAA, a little more unique and mine shoots wonderful. As for it's not a Browning...the Highpower isn't even a Browning designed Browning....

I owned one for about 13 years, and sold it about a year and a half ago, when I thinned my collection to buy a house. I miss it, and would love to have another. If so, perhaps it will be an original CZ75, made in "Czechoslovakia".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top