JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CZs have an 11mm dovetail built in.

1643584746959.jpeg

Does anyone makes something that mounts to this to accept a reflex red dot?

Thanks!

Reno

The kind that has a 1913 rail adapter?
I could do that, but that adds height. Looking more for some form of direct 11mm to RMR type mount. As low as possible type thing. Found a 6" barrel for CZs and I feel a squirrelly SBR project brewing.
1643585452239.jpeg

Which stock do you have? The American versions have a high, straight comb. Might have a hard time getting low enough on it.
Just picked up a Varmint stock today for my (didn't sell but tried to) Scout.

Just picked up a Varmint stock today for my (didn't sell but tried to) Scout.
The scout has a lot more drop from the comb to the heel. If you can't get low enough on the varmint stock, you may consider switching back to the scout stock. Maybe even add a recoil pad to give you a little more LOP.

I guess if the scout still has sights and they are still usable, it's a non-issue.

The scout has a lot more drop from the comb to the heel. If you can't get low enough on the varmint stock, you may consider switching back to the scout stock. Maybe even add a recoil pad to give you a little more LOP.

I guess if the scout still has sights and they are still usable, it's a non-issue.
I didn't like the kiddo stock at all. I tried. Hence almost selling it. The irons are great and it's still a CZ!

A member here had his Varmint stock in the classifieds for as long as I had my rifle. I said F it, I'll keep it and snatch his stock.I haven't shot the scout yet with it in the Varmint stock, but it's already much more comfortable.

I'll likely shoot it with the stock barrel and irons for a bit.

I was looking into barrels for another 457 of mine when I came across the 6" one. That and the dead air mask that's due out of prison soon all but snug up to just past the end of the Varmint stock. They are both a bit bigger than the inlet, but that's no biggy..

Just looking at options! That base you posted is perfect, if I decide to SBR it and lose the irons.

I didn't like the kiddo stock at all. I tried. Hence almost selling it. The irons are great and it's still a CZ!

A member here had his Varmint stock in the classifieds for as long as I had my rifle. I said F it, I'll keep it and snatch his stock.I haven't shot the scout yet with it in the Varmint stock, but it's already much more comfortable.

I'll likely shoot it with the stock barrel and irons for a bit.

I was looking into barrels for another 457 of mine when I came across the 6" one. That and the dead air mask that's due out of prison soon all but snug up to just past the end of the Varmint stock. They are both a bit bigger than the inlet, but that's no biggy..

Just looking at options! That base you posted is perfect, if I decide to SBR it and lose the irons.
I have two CZs with a few barrel/magazine combos. Great rifles.

I have two CZs with a few barrel/magazine combos. Great rifles.
Agreed. I'm kicking myself for never buying a 527. Now CZs are gaining in popularity, so their new 600 models are $300-400 more than the 527s were.

They're getting pretty popular, especially if you want a small caliber rifle. Kind of in the same idea as the 527.
Looks like they are adding 6mm ARC for 2022. I've been looking at that cartridge a lot lately. The Howa has a 20" barrel. I'd love it if it was 24".

@Reno check out the Elf Owl by JTAC. Howa's have been very hard to come by the last two years in the micro action configuration. You used to be able to buy a Howa 300 blackout barreled action from Brownells for between $200 and $300 depending on coupons and sales going on.