Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Custom Slide work in Portland Metro?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by WeldonMiguel, Jul 6, 2016.

1. WeldonMiguel

WeldonMiguel PDX Member

Does anyone know of a good Gunsmith shop in the PDX area that does good Custom Slide Milling & Porting?

2. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

GOG, Stomper, JRuby and 3 others like this.
  4. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

He didnt reply. Does he do porting?

5. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Brimstone Gunsmithing in Camas (inside the Safe-fire range) has just recently done quite a bit of work on several friends Glocks and ARs, and they were extremely pleased with the results.

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

Velzey is really good, hard to not want him to do something! Brimstone is also good, but a drive! Don't know of any others still around!

WeldonMiguel likes this.
  7. WeldonMiguel

WeldonMiguel PDX Member

If i cant find anyone local i will most likely go through DPcustoms or CreativeCustoms. I would rather support local gunsmiths tho, and As long as i can find someone local who can do the milling/porting, then i will have sur-tac do the Cerakote.

edslhead likes this.
  8. WeldonMiguel

WeldonMiguel PDX Member

Velzey is a PDX local? How can i contact him?

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

Velzey is a member here, you can P.M. him and ask all the questions you like! Really stand up guy as many can attest!

GOG, JRuby and WeldonMiguel like this.
  10. WeldonMiguel

WeldonMiguel PDX Member

So ive tried to contact @Velzey a few times with no reply, and briefly talked to @gophishhhh but haven't been able to lock anything down. I didnt think this was guna be so difficult. Im a firm believer in supporting local businesses, but looks like i may have to ship my Slides to an out of town shop. :s0092:

Velzey likes this.
  11. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

PM sent

Being on my mobile device 99% of the time, and on NWFA I cannot see when someone mentions my name.
    I need to edit my signature line to include my direct contact info.

If you get a chance post up some photos of what you would like done, or email them to me.

Ura-Ki, GOG, Stomper and 1 other person like this.
  12. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I think in your profile you can check a box to get emails when you get alerts.

Ura-Ki and Velzey like this.
  13. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

@Velzey has done a cut & thread on an AR barrel (most EXCELLENT work), and is currently doing a full restore on a USGI 1911A1 for me w/ a full strip-down and re-park, trigger job and new springs, as well as erasing some "bubba-gump" "checkering" some dope attempted with a file on the front strap then hid the failure with Pachmar wrap-arounds... NO, it wasn't me who did it! o_O

Ura-Ki, nammac and Joe13 like this.
  14. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Attero Arms is in North Portland, Jesse does good work!

15. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Velzey recently had my two High Powers and my Arsenal AK and knocked it out of the park with all of them. I'd recommend him in a heartbeat.

Ura-Ki and Joe13 like this.
  16. Joe13

Where is the green with envy face?:D

Velzey and I have communicated about some possible work on my 1911 and refinsh work on a few other guns - I'm just waiting for some funds and I figure some of my not so nice guns will be my safe queens:cool:.

He is very friendly and extremely easy to communicate with.

Always my first thought when I think about needing anything done to a gun I can't do myself for sure;).

Ura-Ki and GOG like this.
  17. BlindedByScience

BlindedByScience Vancouver WA Well-Known Member

Another happy customer of Brimstone Gunsmithing. David is great, and easy to work with. Work is top tier, very easy to recommend.