JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,

Never would I have ever thought I would be considering hunting cougar. I am from the East Coast and cougar are just a different thing there, sightings are rare and as far as I know there is no need for management.

I purchased the tag after doing some reading of the ODFW management plan (http://www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/cougar/docs/cougarPLAN-Final.pdf) and after a conversation with a hardcore elk hunter. A buddy of mine and I are going out for spring bear and I already have a fall bear tag. With as much time in the woods as I am about to spend in the next 6 months I figured why not. There are some interesting recipes and most the stuff out there say it cooks and tastes a lot like lean pork. I have some calls, know where there are some cats, and if anything just look forward to another excuse to being in the woods.

I am curious if there are folks out who pursue cougars, and if so are people able to be successful calling them in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top