JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am wondering what the correct ring height would be for a Marlin 60, mounting a Leupold VX AR 1.5-4 LPVO on it. I see things labeled as low, medium, high, etc.

I have this scope destined for an AR build, but in the mean time I thought I might get some inexpensive rings and practice with it cheaply on the Model 60. I don't think I've shot the gun since the 1st Reagan administration, so it can't hurt to get some play time with it. TBH - I am pretty sure my kids and my dad have fired it since then and more recently, I'm just pretty sure I haven't ;).

It all depends on the diameter of the objective lens. You would have to go to the ring maker's site and get measurements from them. Their tech people may already know the answer. If you are using Warne rings, they recently became patrons of NWFA.

A penny is about 1.5mm thick. You can stack up Pennie's under the scope to get an idea of height needed, then see if the rings list their height.

Yes, it's a 3/8" dovetail, but the Leupold is a 1" tube so there are a lot of options.

I guess my questions is this: what is my strategy? As low/close to bore axis as possible, or more for comfort? The only guns I have scoped before have been AR and I've never had to think about that.