Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Convince me about the 930 SPX

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by gunjunky, Oct 2, 2012.

1. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member

So I am thinking about getting a new 18" shotgun, have not had one around for a number of years now and thinking I need another one. I usually fill this role with a pump gun but think one of the Mossy 930 guns would be interesting.

So tell me your experiences good or bad with the platform and if you happen to have one you want to part with let me know.

2. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

I had the 24 or 28 inch and it ran flawlessly on bulk packs. Probably shot 600 rounds through it without cleaning. Bought it got waterfowl, but only used it to shoot clays. Figured someone else would put it to better use than I did.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3. JORHAMMER

JORHAMMER Sherwood Member

It is an awesome shotty to own. Recoil is not terrible, easy to maintain, and the best part is a semi-auto. I don't like pump action, and the saiga was more than I was willing to spend.

4. pdx225

pdx225 Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

5. FullCaliberII

FullCaliberII Pierce County, WA Active Member

After reading that review and seeing all the pictures of that guys 930, I want one too...

6. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member

PDX225

Thanks for the link, that is a fantastic review. Now I am sure this is on the get one list.

7. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I absolutely love mine, it's a never get rid of for me. I have hundreds of mixed rounds through her with not even a hiccup. All types of cheap bird shot to slugs, buckshot, express rem, pdx1,low recoil slugs, I could go on. I was in the market for an auto loader (in Arnold Schwarzenegger voice). So I had my eye on a few benelli autos, but luckily I happen to read up on the spx and grab one used from a member here, can't remember who but thank you! I'm glad I did, I wouldn't mind a m4, but show me what it can do for me that mine can't. I can hold 8+1 factory. The ghost ring sights own, I want a trijicon rmr Co witnessed with the irons and all will be well with the world. The crimson trace grip light/green laser is a a dream for a true beast mode weapons system. Go grab on and start ranting and babbling like me. IMAG0676.jpg
    IMAG0674.jpg
    IMAG0670.jpg