JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a post from my blog. It's about my dog, Boris and… well, I think you'll understand at the end.

Sigmadog,

I am sorry for your loss.

That was a beautiful post on your blog. I can relate to what you wrote about your dog and dogs in general too.

I believe that we will see our dogs in heaven and not only in our daily thoughts and dreams at night.

Take care!

Sincerely,

Cate

Thanks, Everyone, for your kind comments on the passing of Boris. He was a special dog to me.

After the loss of Boris, we took our other dog, Beorn, with us on a road trip across Idaho to Montana, down through Wyoming, Colorado and Utah and then back by mostly the same route.

The blog post for that adventure was much more entertaining (though a bit of a read):

Travels with Beorn The Chick Magnet

IMG_2602.jpg

Our dogs have always been our best friends.
We were in sighthound rescue and had 3 whippets of our own.
We lost our last little girl 4 months ago.
I won't be pretentious enough to say I know how you feel but I know how I feel
and it's awful. Damn I miss those little yard monkeys.
Boris was loved and he knew it. Just like we know they love us.
They add something to our lives people can't.
And now I'm sad again.
Thanks a bunch............:p

Last Edited:
Feel ya.... we have a >14yr old lab named Dan. We've had him since he was just a pup, who was randomly found with several others of his litter in a cardboard box that someone decided to leave out in the middle of the forest... he has a hard time getting up these days due to rear hip dysplasia, he's also now blind as a bat and has the pupils of Master PO (from Kung Fu), but he still has the heart and desire of a puppy... his body just can't keep up with him. I suspect this may very well be his last winter.... IMHO, God should have made dogs to have a MINIMUM of a 50yr expected life-span.

I can only hope and dream that my dogs , have loved me , as much as I loved them...
Boris , sounds like a great dog....I am sorry for your loss.
Andy

I have told every animal I've ever loved, from a very young age, that I hope/pray they have some way of knowing how much I love them. That's it. That's all I want out of that. Please let them understand the look in my eyes like I understand the look in theirs.

Sorry for your loss OP, every time it happens I wonder if I can do it again. The worst part about it all is that if you are an animal lover and are also fortunate enough to have a long life we are going to have to go through this so many times.

I have told every animal I've ever loved, from a very young age, that I hope/pray they have some way of knowing how much I love them. That's it. That's all I want out of that. Please let them understand the look in my eyes like I understand the look in theirs.
The dogs owned by "dog people" always seem to know just how much they are cared about. There's an old line I see now and then goes something like "I wish I could be the person my dog thinks I am". Makes me want to try harder every time I see it since I can never live up to what my dogs think of me :)

Sorry for your loss OP, every time it happens I wonder if I can do it again. The worst part about it all is that if you are an animal lover and are also fortunate enough to have a long life we are going to have to go through this so many times.
That is the worst part of being a dog person. All the times we have to say goodby to yet another who has make such an impact in our hearts. Damn it's hard.

That is the worst part of being a dog person. All the times we have to say goodby to yet another who has make such an impact in our hearts. Damn it's hard.
Every dog gives me something new. So in a way, the shortness of their lives is a way to experience more of them in our life.

That's not much comfort when I have to say goodbye, admittedly.

But… The Missus and I decided a week or so ago to reserve a Mastiff pup from a local litter. His mother is 110lbs. and his father is 140lbs. We'll be bringing him home once he's weaned, around Halloween. He's gonna be a lot different from Boris - no replacement is possible there - but he's gonna have a personality all his own, and we're looking forward to whatever he brings.

We're naming him Hudson, after the character played by Bill Paxton in Aliens (we love that movie). We've already got a cat named Hicks (our daughter named her cats Ripley and Vasquez).

They probably do.

Dogs do KNOW that they are LOVED by their family members aka humans.

I do not doubt that for one second.

Best wishes on your new puppy!

Cate

godspeed Boris. Peace to you and mrs. Sigmadog.
Awesome eulogy!

My vet hands an article to me one day, "check to see whether his dog food is on this list." Sure enough, we were feeding him "Taste of the Wild."

They probably do.

That research part about both humans and dogs producing the same hormone when they look at each other is nice to know but being close to your pets and sharing mutual love is something we all have felt and kinda suspected already.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top