Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Concealed Carry at the Moda Center

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by packerfan503, Feb 23, 2014.

1. packerfan503

packerfan503 sw pdx Member

So I havent been to the Rose Garden/Moda Center in years. I have heard they have metal detectors at Blazer games now. Is this the case for all events? I purchased some tickets for a POrtland Thunder game. Will I be ok if I carry to the game?

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If I remember correctly they are a no gun location.

From their web site FAQ's

Rose Quarter :: Frequently Asked Questions

"All weapons (handguns, etc.) will not be permitted on our premises, even if you have a concealed weapons permit."

So there you go.

3. cavemand

cavemand portland Member

They have used metal detectors every time I have gone to a game. I did hear that you can take one of those plastic glock guns strait through but have yet to try it ;) joking of course

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

3D printer time! ;)

5. nastybynature

nastybynature ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Active Member

They will only allow LEO within the jurisdiction to carry at events. At least that is how it was when I worked building security back in 95-98.

6. packerfan503

packerfan503 sw pdx Member

So my best bet is to not carry or sell my tickets. I have heard they don't have metal detectors for all events. I'm wondering of the Thunder will be worth it in their eyes to use them.