JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a compass and some maps of Oregon.
I'm specifically looking for maps of McKenzie, Indigo, Siuslaw and Melrose units.
Want to get out there and learn how to navigate using only a compass and map.
Thanks
Ray

Just some information if you can use it.

I got this e-mail the other day but I couldn't make the sale..

Nature of the Northwest, the map and guidebook store located in the Portland State Office Building, is closing. Tomorrow they will be selling off their inventory.

This one-day last-chance sale will be held on Friday, July 17 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the store, 800 NE Oregon St., Portland, Suite 965. All items – maps, books, posters and more – will be 40 percent off on Friday.

Nature of the Northwest opened in 1992, offering resources for geologic adventure and outdoor recreation in the Pacific Northwest. The store was also the outlet for Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries (DOGAMI) scientific data and publications, which will soon be available for free download at www.OregonGeology.org.

For more information, contact Nature of the Northwest at (971) 673-2331 or [email protected].

Jeff

Also: DRRC is offering a Mapping/Compass Class to public within the next month. You can check the schedule.

Lastly: The Mazama's (a Portland climbing group) offer a good selection of maps at reasonable cost...

Thanks for the info on the class.
Why did it have to be 127 miles away. Ouch!
Might have to pick up a book from a local shop here in town instead and rely on the good ole' internet for my lessons. :)

Try looking up Hillmap.com
You can print out the area you are interested in.

1. Hillmap - Backcountry Maps for the Obsessed
    www.hillmap.com/
  1. Hillmap provides topo maps and slope and distance estimation for backcountry skiers, boarders, climbers and hikers.
    How to use Hillmap
    Check out the blog posts below for more information on how to use ...
    Print a free topo map from high ...
    Print a free topo map from high quality map layers ...
    About Hillmap and How to Use It
    About Hillmap and How to Use It ... make it easier, faster and ...
    Help Test The New Hillmap
    Help Test The New Hillmap ... was an update to hillmap.com, ...
    Free the Hills
    Free the Hills ... Now is the time to let the Forest Service know ...
    Embed Window
    Map Data. Map Data. Terms of Use · Report a map error. View in ...

Try looking up Hillmap.com
You can print out the area you are interested in.

1. Hillmap - Backcountry Maps for the Obsessed
    www.hillmap.com/
  1. Hillmap provides topo maps and slope and distance estimation for backcountry skiers, boarders, climbers and hikers.
    How to use Hillmap
    Check out the blog posts below for more information on how to use ...
    Print a free topo map from high ...
    Print a free topo map from high quality map layers ...
    About Hillmap and How to Use It
    About Hillmap and How to Use It ... make it easier, faster and ...
    Help Test The New Hillmap
    Help Test The New Hillmap ... was an update to hillmap.com, ...
    Free the Hills
    Free the Hills ... Now is the time to let the Forest Service know ...
    Embed Window
    Map Data. Map Data. Terms of Use · Report a map error. View in ...

That website is great. I can print small custom maps for areas i'm visiting. Thanks

I thought you might like it.
I like the fact that you can zoom in on certain areas and print them at home in color or black & white for better definition.

I thought you might like it.
I like the fact that you can zoom in on certain areas and print them at home in color or black & white for better definition.

I was up in the Willamette National Forest today with my giant McKenzie Unit map...the little tiny printout from this site would have been much easier to manage.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top