JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, I have a great carry piece that I have invested heavily in both equipment and training. Without sounding too much like a gun snob I can't ever see changing carry guns.

Even if something were to happen to my carry gun of choice I'd buy another one just like it the same day.

I know sometimes people have different guns for different wardrobes but my wardrobe stays the same year round.

But of course I like a little variety at the range and I want a few extra SHTF guns.

I think I would prefer full size guns for the range since there is less felt recoil and longer barrels tend to make more accurate shots at longer distances.

Why buy something you can't carry?

I've seen a number of nice Hkc's come through the classifieds that I sure like the look of but if it's only a range gun why not hold out for the full size USP?

Too bad money doesn't grow on trees :(

Why buy something you can't carry?

I keep a full sized handgun near my bed for home defense. If I am only going to need it in an emergency in the middle of the night, I don't really care how big, heavy or hard to carry it is.

Also, on long road trips, I will carry a much larger gun. "Carrying" a large frame gun while driving is not hard, but the additional range and capacity could be needed.

I have carried a Combat Commander year round without difficulty in most circumstances. I sometimes switch to a full size steel 1911 and notice no difference in weight or concealability. I also carry two spare mags for the 1911. Once in a great while, clothing requirments make it a little tougher so I switch to a small 9 or even a little Government Model 380. This past winter I carried a Beretta 92/M9 with one spare magazine. At first, it seemed like a lot of gun and magazine but I soon found that I had no more difficulty carrying or concealing it than my 1911's. That said, I am retired and it makes a whole lot of difference in wardrobe. When I was working, I carried the Government Model 380 in Thunderwear or occasionally an ankle holster. Something "more substantial" was usually in my briefcase or a desk drawer. I guess it really depends on your circumstances, but full size isn't tough with the proper equipment and clothing.

One of the things I like about the subcompact Glocks is that they accept the magazines from their larger brothers. A Glock 26 with a Glock 17 or 19 magazine in it is basically a full-sized, hi-cap handgun with a 1/2" shorter barrel and slide.....but if you need to conceal it just use the G26 mag and its a pocket gun that still has 10+1 rounds on tap. There are sleeves available that slide over the full sized mags and make a full-sized grip. I carry my G26 IWB with the stock 10 rd mag and finger extension, but my spare mag is a G19 with 15 rounds.

You can make a small gun bigger, but you cant make a big gun smaller.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top