JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do like my Buck knives. I have a few knives, just wanted to see how this Ganzo performed in the field, I cleaned it up, not w/brake cleaner, it's working fine now. I generally treat my blades well and can get an edge to last a while.

I don't find that particular model listed on Bucks site. There are 5 S30V blades listed and none are 808. There are a couple 898 Impacts but not w/S30V steel.

Still leaning toward an Emerson wave for the next blade. So many knives, so many guns, not enough time or $$ to get to know them all, you know how it is.

I do like my Buck knives. I have a few knives, just wanted to see how this Ganzo performed in the field, I cleaned it up, not w/brake cleaner, it's working fine now. I generally treat my blades well and can get an edge to last a while.

I don't find that particular model listed on Bucks site. There are 5 S30V blades listed and none are 808. There are a couple 898 Impacts but not w/S30V steel.

Still leaning toward an Emerson wave for the next blade. So many knives, so many guns, not enough time or $$ to get to know them all, you know how it is.

Correction: That's the Model 898 "Impact". (All are S30V steel).

Incidentally, I corrected my earlier post.

If you are an ardent admirer of Buck knives and are willing to put up the money, The Buck 110 Elite Auto is the way to go. The Elite Auto is a Buck 110 Auto with a Bos heat tempered S30V steel blade (59.5 - 61 Rockwell Hardness). The knife also has G10 scales that grip well that will not warp, chip, peel crack or blister under normal conditions. The unit comes with Bucks "Forever Warranty" (as do all Buck products).

This makes for a great "hard use" working knife. People don't understand that this is what "Daddy" (Hoyt) Buck had in mind when he began making his knives from worn-out files in 1902. I wish I still had Dad's old Custom manufactured Buck General (with an added inch) by Al Buck back during the 1940's. It was made by Al buck from 440C steel back in the day when everything was done in smaller batches. Today's steels are just as good (some are even better). "Higher-end" steels have made Buck's products even more durable and hold a better edge. Buck uses several types of "high-end" steels that make their cutting implements an excellent value for the dollar. Some are made in China and Taiwan, but the higher-end steels are manufactured and heat-treated in their plant In Post Falls, Idaho. (Buck also uses 5160 Carbon Steel and 13C26 Sandvik Steel in their knives).

And people wonder why I admire some of the Buck products... even back in the day.

Last Edited:
O.k.

I searched S30V and it only showed 5 knives so assumed the Impacts weren't. Good lookin knives!

I own one, and love it! My 110 Auto (both factory and aftermarket conversion knives) have blades made from 420 High Carbon Steel. Yes, 58 Rockwell Hardness blades take an excellent edge and do a great job in the field. Unobtrusive carry is fairly easy and both knives lock up tight with no blade play.

Life is to short to carry an unreliable or inferior knife because your life just may count on it!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top