JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
a Ganzo G-7471-BK Automatic knife! This is an auto with a 3 1/2", 440C steel Bowie-style blade. It is 8.26" OAL. The knife has a "tip down" pocket clip (not my favorite orientation, but it still works). This Bowie-style blade is a great "cutting machine" and should provide may years of yeoman service.

The best part of this deal is (wait for it) the price! $19.08 shipped to my door from Hong Kong, China. :s0069::s0155: While it may take 3 1/2 weeks to receive it on the proverbial "slow boat from China" if it is anywhere near as good as my Ganzo Model G-719, It will be more than worth the wait!

Life is good! :s0155:

Last Edited:
a Ganzo G-7471-BK Automatic knife! This is an auto with a 3 1/2", 440C steel Bowie-style blade. It is 8.26" OAL. The knife has a "tip down" pocket clip (not my favorite orientation, but it still works). This Bowie-style blade is a great "cutting machine" and should provide may years of yeoman service.

The best part of this deal is (wait for it) the price! $19.02 shipped to my door from Hong Kong, China. :s0069::s0155: While it may take 3 1/2 weeks to receive it on the proverbial "slow boat from China" if it is anywhere near as good as my Ganzo Model G-719, It will be more than worth the wait!

Life is good! :s0155:
I've truly enjoyed buying, collecting, utilizing, and carrying my Ganzo knives.

At roughly 20 a piece it is really hard not to buy a couple at a time.

Their autos are hard to get a hold of.

I buy from power cutlery.

What is your source?

FastTech is my source. They may take a while to get here, but you know they're worth it. I ordered mine this morning.

I would suggest that you order soon before they are Out Of Stock.

Last Edited:
Nope. They are legal for open carry in Oregon as long as you can see any portion of the knife. They have been lawful as such. They were ruled a "pocket knife" in 1980.

Look it up.

Ok, so legal to carry if not fully concealed.

Does that mean that my Push Dagger is also legal to carry if the handle is showing?
Screen_Shot_2017-05-24_at_10.14.55_AM__29400.1495646308.1200.1200.png

Oregon Knife Laws | KnifeUp
http://www.knifeup.com/oregon-knife-laws/

Just ordered a couple myself through FasTech, one of the G-7471-BK and a GANZO G7211-WD2. We'll see, I'm a Benchmade guy but like any good knife.

Last Edited:
Just ordered a couple myself through FasTech, one of the G-7471-BK and a GANZO G7211-WD2. We'll see, I'm a Benchmade guy but like any good knife.
Im the same way. Im a 15 min drive away from the BM factory and ive been booked on benchmade for some time now. I ordered a few Ganzos over the summer and I will admit i was impressed. They make a good knife for the price. The 2 I bought have fame axis locks and it makes me feel like a traitor when I play with it.

You get what you pay for though.

I love my ganzo knives, but the blade steel is much lessor than most benchmades.

I'm always sharpening them.

However, if I loose one, I'm not overly upset.

there goes $40 my wife will probably tell me I shouldn't have spent :s0114:
But, hey, the kiddo is sick, so we're not going to the movies tomorrow... it's like extra money

Just got two new ones in. I really like this blade profile. I call it the cleaver.

8E565A2F-ECEE-49BC-AE1F-AACFDE3884FC.jpeg

Thanks, kid. These are great knives for the money and cut like crazy. I love my G-719 and now have yet another Ganzo F7582-BK "Firebird" (with G-10 scales) coming. That cost me $18.31. These are convenient pocket knives that far outperform their cost. They may not have the "super steels" but their 440C steels cut far above most of the 7cr17Mov Chinese steels out there today.
The G7471-BK has the thick, upswept clip point needed for both fine and heavy cutting as well. Don't let the low price fool you, If you "pooh-pooh" these great little bargain autos, you will be the one missing out!

Buy it and love it. :s0155:

Thanks, kid. These are great knives for the money and cut like crazy. I love my G-719 and now have yet another Ganzo F7582-BK "Firebird" (with G-10 scales) coming. That cost me $18.31. These are convenient pocket knives that far outperform their cost. They may not have the "super steels" but their 440C steels cut far above most of the 7cr17Mov Chinese steels out there today.
The G7471-BK has the thick, upswept clip point needed for both fine and heavy cutting as well. Don't let the low price fool you, If you "pooh-pooh" these great little bargain autos, you will be the one missing out!

Buy it and love it. :s0155:

I'm gonna buy one! Why not? :cool:

The two I purchased arrived today. Customs paper says "replacement electronics parts" which was GREAT since my wife was home when the mail arrived and didn't need to see new knives on the list.
I got both the G7471-BK and a G7211-WD2. Both are definitely decent, but can use some work. I'm not that impressed with the speed of the opening, and I don't care for how much I have to depress the button, it's actually a bit more annoying when closing.

pmKCnmnKACzrmnVSMHXs21JpjFKtBOEjQ0NZngdKPRQ3DoumXJYFeTimLrEk8q8Ne-kKA8zvcb2R38eH2v7JdsTCsqgcHajw.jpg
They're not light weight at 4 and 5oz. But, they'll find homes in the truck or bag or wife's purse.

I reckon with a few minutes time, I can get them quite sharp. I do wish I had seen the Mini Clevers though!!

The two I purchased arrived today. Customs paper says "replacement electronics parts" which was GREAT since my wife was home when the mail arrived and didn't need to see new knives on the list.
I got both the G7471-BK and a G7211-WD2. Both are definitely decent, but can use some work. I'm not that impressed with the speed of the opening, and I don't care for how much I have to depress the button, it's actually a bit more annoying when closing.

View attachment 425463
They're not light weight at 4 and 5oz. But, they'll find homes in the truck or bag or wife's purse.

I reckon with a few minutes time, I can get them quite sharp. I do wish I had seen the Mini Clevers though!!

The Chinese do a fairly good job, but sometimes the parts either need to "break-in" or be smoothed-out to function reliably. For their price, these little glitches can be dealt with as they arise. These are minor issues.

The firing button issues become a nasty issue when the blade releases at an inopportune time. I would rather deal with a blade that is more difficult to fire than on that snaps open in my pocket. Having a blade that cuts my pocket and my thigh (or sports jacket pocket).

My second (and third) orders have yet to arrive, but I'm hoping that these knives are as functional as my G-719.

Wanted to update on the G7211, I really like the profile of that blade, it's different than most of mine.

This morning when I left the house to get an elk I left my Benchmades at home and grabbed the Ganzo's instead. I usually like to carry 2 or 3 good knives w/me for field work. My partner got one a little farther in than I would have liked which meant quartering and a game cart to get it back to the house. He's not the fastest when it comes to breaking down an animal, I had already brought the cart out so he went back to get some game bags while I went to work. I only used 1 knife to quarter it and remove the loins, the 721, it just kept slicing through the thick hide and hair without much effort. It has a nice tip to get around the bones and even w/a gooey hand I didn't have a problem controlling the knife. When we got home I lifted the quarters w/the tractor to skin them (decided not to used the bags after all) and I grabbed the same knife to finish up. So basically the 721 finished up the whole job w/out even hitting a hone and I've never sharpened it. Even though it's 440, it's doing a good job.

I just pressed the button and it didn't open (been a few hours since I used it), pulled out the blade, worked it open and closed a bit now it fires again but still needs cleaned up. The blade is still tight but the clip opened up a lot from pulling it out of my pocket a over and over. Need to take it off and bend it, not very springy steel.

Overall pretty impressed for a sub $20 knife. My friend was using a new Kershaw, wasn't impressed at all with it, edge didn't last 15 minutes.

Mistman:

If you wash out the knife (with water and detergent) and blast out the action with carburetor cleaner, (or brake cleaner) you'll go a long way toward restoring the knife to operating condition. (Automatic knives are prone to having their mechanisms becoming "gummed up" with blood, hair, and fat). These knives can work fairly well when given the proper care.

I like these knives, but know their limitations and treat them accordingly. They seem to be an excellent value for the monies spent to obtain them.

If you don't mind spending the extra money, a drop-point Buck Model 898 "Impact" can be had for about $140.00. These 3.125" beauties with an S30V steel blade are Bos heat-treated to 59.5 to 61 HRc. They're hell-for-stout. If they break (under normal use) Buck will replace the blade for just the cost of shipping to their Post Falls, Idaho manufacturing plant.

When it comes to field work, NOTHING beats a Buck!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads