JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I broke my firearm spending fast and bought a beat up single action revolver today. Can Colt Revolver experts tell me what I might have purchased. These are the only two pics I took. It is chambered for 45 Long Colt.

20230325_154555.jpg

20230325_154633.jpg

what format is the serial #? That's a tip to age & of course actual #.. What's the action function like? Does the hand work? Is there any rifling left? How much did they pay you to take it?

what format is the serial #? That's a tip to age & of course actual #.. What's the action function like? Does the hand work? Is there any rifling left? How much did they pay you to take it?
I will get some more pics on Monday. Function questions will have to wait until I pick it up. Price was right even if it is a reproduction.

Could be....the barrel markings look right as do the frame markings.
Is it all original...or is it is a Frankengun made from Colt parts...?
That is a question to consider...
Andy
Don't know whether it's all original or not. The story the seller gave me was that it first belonged to his great grandfather who passed it down to his son, who passed it down to his son, who passed it down to his son (the seller). The great grandfather and grandfather both lived in Texas.

Ask Colt to do a history check on the serial number. If it's a genuine Colt they can go through their records and provide you with a breakdown of the history.

Colt used to have a serial number website to check the year of manufacture but I can't find it now.

I do have a Colt Heritage book with early numbers in it.

I can try and locate your number but don't post it fully, use xx for last two numbers. Should be a SA suffix or prefix in the serial number.

Colt used to have a serial number website to check the year of manufacture but I can't find it now.

I can try and locate your number but don't post it fully, use xx for last two numbers. Should be a SA suffix or prefix in the serial number.

3461XX is the serial number.

Other side of pearl grips has wolf & klar bull carving.

20230327_095113.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top