JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$1100
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
357 Magnum
City
Tualatin
State
Oregon
For sale is my Colt .357 1st year production, and only 15,000 made up to 1961. It has the original factory dual tone blue finish that was only offered in 1954 which I'd rate at 98% or better. Bore is bright and shiny, I don't think it gets any closer to being mint then this revolver. That being said I believe it may have been fired maybe a few times at most. Truly a very beautiful and rare Colt revolver.
1100 OBO

I'd prefer to meet at Tigard Pawn 4 More for the FFL Transfer. I'm not looking for trades at this time. Feel free to ask any questions you may have I'll do my best to answer.

I will be listing a few more firearms from my collection, so please feel free to check out my other listings. Thank you.

20190119_162509.jpg 20190119_162524.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Wow, surprised to find another one for sale at the same time as I'm trying to sell mine. Get ready for everybody on here to tell you, you don't have what you are saying you have. Hopefully yours in nice shape is worth what you're asking, makes mine easily worth what I'm asking.

GLWS,
Bryan

Yeah people can call it whatever they like, doesn't change what it actually is :D. I had to do alot of research and consult a few experts in order to find out exactly what I have. Colt collectors are very picky, especially on high end revolvers. I hope my price isn't too high for a rare first year production with the dual tone finish..., I had it appraised for much more, and checked gunbroker and such to find similar examples, and I've priced mine lower then those. I checked yours out abit, do you know when yours was made? It doesn't look like it has the dual tone finish like mine does here so im assuming its later, and is missing the original grips, but your price seems to me to make up for that and then some. As for what to call it, I wouldn't call it a Pre-Python, as that gives people the idea of it being a Trooper. Instead I see these being referred to as Pre-Troopers or like they were originally sold Colt Model.357 (Being Colt's first .357 advertising the hot new caliber must in the name must of seemed like a good idea). And don't listen to people saying they were cheap alternatives to Pythons. These guns came before the Python, and were beautifully made to a very high standard. Anyways GLWS, Hopefully we can both find someone who appreciates collector Colts Revolvers, and still has a kidney to spare :)

Yeah people can call it whatever they like, doesn't change what it actually is :D. I had to do alot of research and consult a few experts in order to find out exactly what I have. Colt collectors are very picky, especially on high end revolvers. I hope my price isn't too high for a rare first year production with the dual tone finish..., I had it appraised for much more, and checked gunbroker and such to find similar examples, and I've priced mine lower then those. I checked yours out abit, do you know when yours was made? It doesn't look like it has the dual tone finish like mine does here so im assuming its later, and is missing the original grips, but your price seems to me to make up for that and then some. As for what to call it, I wouldn't call it a Pre-Python, as that gives people the idea of it being a Trooper. Instead I see these being referred to as Pre-Troopers or like they were originally sold Colt Model.357 (Being Colt's first .357 advertising the hot new caliber must in the name must of seemed like a good idea). And don't listen to people saying they were cheap alternatives to Pythons. These guns came before the Python, and were beautifully made to a very high standard. Anyways GLWS, Hopefully we can both find someone who appreciates collector Colts Revolvers, and still has a kidney to spare :)

The men that built these guns taught the men who built the Python how premium guns were built

I just acquired one of these from a fellow member (actually willaminaOr, the first responder to this post). The one I got has definitely seen more use than the one shown here, but is still in great shape considering the age.
Anyway, I'm just absolutely blown away by the quality of these revolvers, and MAN can they shoot well! They are extremely well balanced (in my opinion better balanced than a python), and the action & trigger pull is identical to that of an early vintage python. The one posted here appears to be in phenomenal shape, and the asking price is very fair! By the way: I'm assuming the grips included are not the original, is that correct? If they ARE the original grips, then the asking price of 1100 is an absolute steal!
Just out of curiosity: are you at all open to trade+cash offers?

-I was wondering when his would sell, seemed like a good deal.
-They are the original grips, Most came with either service grips and service hammer, or target hammer and target grips, HOWEVER any combination of the two were available. I'd check out this website called Coltfever.com it has excellent information on the Colt .357
-This one is the nicest I've seen, and really is collectible being the first Colt in .357, its a first year production with the unique finish to the cyclinder, I really can't come down on the price anymore then $1100
-I'm open to trades, but it would have to be something I'm interested in, primarily Milsurps, WW1-WW2, that kind of stuff.

If you have any other questions or a trade offer let me know

Dang this is such a beautiful specimen...I'm really surprised this hasn't sold yet. Given the condition AND the original grips, this price is really excellent.
I finally mustered the courage to do a completely detail strip of my 3-5-7. It wasn't nearly as difficult as people make it seem; really no more difficult than a gp100 or 686. I was pleased to find the internals in excellent condition.

For sale is my Colt .357 1st year production, and only 15,000 made. It has the original factory dual tone blue finish that was only offered in 1954 which I'd rate at 98% or better. Bore is bright and shiny, I don't think it gets any closer to being mint then this revolver. That being said I believe it may have been fired maybe a few times at most. Truly a very beautiful and rare Colt revolver.
1100 OBO

I'd prefer to meet at Tigard Pawn 4 More for the FFL Transfer. I'm not looking for trades at this time. Feel free to ask any questions you may have I'll do my best to answer.

I will be listing a few more firearms from my collection, so please feel free to check out my other listings. Thank you.

View attachment 620393 View attachment 620394
I would be interested in any Troopers you may decide to part with. In particular Trooper 4"

Here are some more pictures of the .357 in natural light. Just to stress how nice this pistol is. There's no muzzle wear or holster wear. The only blemish I've found on the entire pistol was a small blemish above the trigger guard (Last Picture) its very small.

20191029_143511.jpg 20191029_143404.jpg 20191029_143544.jpg 20191029_143516.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.