JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This is the M1917 New Service that was made in 1919. It is a .45 ACP with a 5.5' barrel and the original wire brushed blued finish. Following is a list of the markings on the revolver.

Stamped with 'United States Property' under the barrel and 'H' where the barrel meets the frame, 'Colt D A 45' on the left side of the barrel, and 'Colt's PT FA MFG CO, HARTFORD, CT, USA' and 'PAT'D AUG 5, 1884, JUNE 5, 1900, JULY 4, 1905'. Serial number inside the cylinder crane is 190XXX with a 1 below it. Above the cylinder release there is stamp of an eagle with 'S/5' below it. Bottom of the handle is the stamp 'U.S. ARMY MODEL 1917' and 'No 143XXX'. '3' stamped on the left side rear of trigger guard.

$800 Cash.

View attachment 192258

Last Edited:
John, give me a few minutes and I should be able to find or take another picture. I haven't fired it, but if you need to know before buying that will give my wife a reason to let me buy some .45 ammo to try it.

Just trying to verify is its safe to shoot! But a pic or two would be nice.

Also, is the bluing darker than that pic, or has it gone total patina? (not a bad thing)

And....do you have any of the clips for it, moons or half moons?

Uploading pics right now. I think the bluing looks a little darker than that. The picture I'm about to upload looks darker, but it isn't that dark in person. I'm thinking about a halfway between the two. I also don't have any clips for it.
View attachment 191935

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.