JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really like my Colt King Cobra Target (the one you handled). I've taken it out a few times. Great shooter. Fits into Fobus holster I bought for my SP101 too so double bonus.

I don't have a GP100 to compare it too but vs. my SP101, I will take the King Cobra for sure.

I plan on getting one or two of the new Pythons as well.

20200615_192158660_iOS.jpg

Last Edited:
We have both the std GP100 & a Match Champion.
They fit my life. Built tough, reliable and I love that you can feel the staging when shooting double action.

I would enjoy a 686 being added to our collection.

Im a ruger guy. The old python is a great target gun and by far the best looking 357 ever but the DA trigger on all the old ones i have handled stack. Not the best choice for defense. The new pythons as of this date seem to have the problems worked out. They definitely have a way better DA pull than the older ones. But for a carry piece I prefer the ruger or a smith model 19.

It sold a few months ago to a lucky member on this site. Still have the full lug and after a bit of indiscretion last month it is going to stay with me.
The 2 Cobras at Sportsman were already gone when I got the 1/2 lug sold. Owell. Such are the times.

As a left hander, a revolver is a very ambidextrous weapon and I've never been a fan of the way the Colt cylinder release operates from a manual of arms standpoint, Ruger and S&W are better in that respect IMO.

I appreciate all the advice. It overwhelming sounds like I need to keep my Ruger.
Thank you
Depends on if its new or old.
The old colts are amazing, but several thousand dollars.. They are not known as "plinkers" heck most people are scared to shoot them. And they are so precise especially in the cylinder lockup they are somewhat known for timing going out somewhat early on them but they are match grade masters. Insane accuracy. Absolutely delightful in every way. Just take care of it. Its an investment.

Ruger GP100's are great guns. I wish i had one for "plinking"

My dad had a s&w ? I think J frame ? .357 from the performance shop and that thing was VERY nice shooter as well.

Surprised the newer snakes are that poorly reviewed. Hows it even possible that a co that made such great products is making such crap now?
Oh wait.. Ive worked for bloeing ive seen this. Its called poor management. Too many MBA's know it all "bean counters".
Theres ZERO replacement for talent. I don't care how much brains you got.

What a shame.

Nice *ahem* pair you have there Ura. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews