JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was brousing at Sportsman today and noticed a neat looking revolver. Colt King Cobra 357 with the factory wood grips. Loved the way it felt. Now trying to decide Do I sell my half lug Ruger GP100 357 with original box to help pay for it? Or just keep the Ruger and not worry about buying the Colt? If you have 1 of the Colts, how do you like it? Love the Ruger but have 2 of them. This will just be a plinking gun.
Thanks

I like the original pythons.
Reviews on the new guns are not good.

There was a time when Colt had a highly trained core of men that knew how to polish and assemble revolver.
Today I think their core workers are simple assemblers. With no concept of how the parts of the gun they assembled relate.

Tell me.

How do you not notice the revolver you just assembled?
Doesn't revolve? o_O

Was brousing at Sportsman today and noticed a neat looking revolver. Colt King Cobra 357 with the factory wood grips. Loved the way it felt. Now trying to decide Do I sell my half lug Ruger GP100 357 with original box to help pay for it? Or just keep the Ruger and not worry about buying the Colt? If you have 1 of the Colts, how do you like it? Love the Ruger but have 2 of them. This will just be a plinking gun.
Thanks
my guess is the king cobra is over priced. keep the GP100 for durability.

I got to handle a few new Colts, Not impressed at all, seemed like over priced junk, I was very disappointed! I was really hoping for a King Cobra or an Anaconda, but they were clunky, chunky crap! I have 2 original pythons, they are truly in their own league, there is Colt, and there is every one else! Not that way now! :(

Older Colts are fantastic! Some of the Smiths are excellent also. 20171224_122603.jpg

Buy two Rugers for the price of the Colt and you'll have TWO reliable well made revolvers. Or buy the Colt and get cozy with their warranty people.

Buy two Rugers for the price of the Colt and you'll have TWO reliable well made revolvers. Or buy the Colt and get cozy with their warranty people.
Unfortunately, I gotta agree with ya here! Ruger has always been consistent with their Revolvers, and they have always been pretty good!
I wouldn't trade any of my Rugers for a new Colt no matter how good the deal was, and the Old Armies, Fuggeddaboutit, nothing Colt ever made compares to those! Ruger really has the Working Man's revolver down, immensely strong, capable of handling very powerful ammo with out issue, and the fit and finish ain't too bad for the price!
Now, if Colt were to bring back the quality and fit and finish whey used to be known for, I would buy one in a heart beat, likely more then one!

Unfortunately, I gotta agree with ya here! Ruger has always been consistent with their Revolvers, and they have always been pretty good!
I wouldn't trade any of my Rugers for a new Colt no matter how good the deal was, and the Old Armies, Fuggeddaboutit, nothing Colt ever made compares to those! Ruger really has the Working Man's revolver down, immensely strong, capable of handling very powerful ammo with out issue, and the fit and finish ain't too bad for the price!
Now, if Colt were to bring back the quality and fit and finish whey used to be known for, I would buy one in a heart beat, likely more then one!

Nailed it!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads