JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone can give me more detail? Colt's model number, etc, etc? I thought the National Match barrells had serials on them or something, in addition to the NM marking. Is this Gold Cup barrel?

45_1.PNG

45_2.PNG

That bushing is from the early 70 series. The design started causing problems so they dropped it at some point. Assuming the "finger bushing" came with that barrel I would have to guess it was from an earlier 70 series Gold Cup.

That bushing is from the early 70 series. The design started causing problems so they dropped it at some point. Assuming the "finger bushing" came with that barrel I would have to guess it was from an earlier 70 series Gold Cup.
Thanks. Any idea on what this is worth? Another find in the box of parts that I don't need.

Thanks. Any idea on what this is worth? Another find in the box of parts that I don't need.
No idea on that. FAR from any kind of expert here. I just recognized that old "finger bushing" Colt tried on the 70 series. Some of them would break in use which of course brought shooting to a quick end. The idea was nice. Supposed to get a nice tight lock up at the bushing without the work of fitting one. As for the barrel if none of the people who keep better track of this stuff pops up check places that sell this stuff. The auctions and Ebay should both have these and would give you some good idea of what others are paying for them.

The original barrel link pin is missing and you have to use that type barrel to an original style 70's series ramped slide, so that expense comes comes into play when fitting one of these.
I had the same issue with a new old stock barrel like yours, so Velzey (Tim) my favorite gunsmith near Portland removed the finger bushing and milled the end of the barrel to fit an oversized custom barrel bushing.
That made a tight fitting barrel/bushing more like the earlier '60 era pre Gold Cup series pistols. Worked great and you don't have the old issue of the fingers getting weak or broken.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top