JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$500
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
9mm
City
Fife
State
Washington
Zip Code
LIQUIDATING THE SAFE!

Here we have a very nice condition Astra 400. These are chambered in 9mm Largo and hail from Spain. Some were used by Germany in WW2 but this one was not.
The proof mark lettering is still very bright and legible with the paint still nice and popping out.
The natural shine on the slide and frame from the blueing still amazes and the pictures don't do it justice.
In fact, the reason why I had to take them so dark is because in natural sunlight the shine on the metal was washing out the camera quality.
This is a James-Bond esque gun for sure and why I was attracted to it originally. I think these are awesome guns that fly under the radar of a lot of people.
Asking 500. Comes with 2 free boxes of 9mm largo from Steinel!

IMG_20201117_145809851~2.jpg IMG_20201117_145818039~2.jpg IMG_20201117_145840163.jpg IMG_20201117_145854139.jpg IMG_20201117_145916358.jpg IMG_20201117_145944783~2.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
img_20201117_145854139-jpg.778592
When I did some research into the Serial #, I believe I remember the date being 1911 in manufacture. Literally as old as an original 1911!
FYI Looking at the photos I can't help notice that this marked 1921 and as the Astra 400 started production in 1921, I don't think it was built in 1911.
Sorry. :oops:

img_20201117_145854139-jpg.778592

FYI Looking at the photos I can't help notice that this marked 1921 and as the Astra 400 started production in 1921, I don't think it was built in 1911.
Sorry. :oops:

You're right, I must be thinking of another pistol that I had a while back, I'll correct that. Sheesh

You're right, I must be thinking of another pistol that I had a while back, I'll correct that. Sheesh

OOP's I forgot to say, Nice looking pistol.
I don't see any damage to the knurled takedown nob (?) at the end of the slide that most Astra's have from someone going after it with a pair of pliers. To the buyer, if your not familiar with the takedown of this model please look for instructions. The take down is easy as long as you know the tricks.
Good luck with the sale will be a nice addition to someone's collection.

OOP's I forgot to say, Nice looking pistol.
I don't see any damage to the knurled takedown nob (?) at the end of the slide that most Astra's have from someone going after it with a pair of pliers. To the buyer, if your not familiar with the takedown of this model please look for instructions. The take down is easy as long as you know the tricks.
Good luck with the sale will be a nice addition to someone's collection.

Yes, I have managed to disassemble and strip it and put it back a few times WITHOUT marring anything. It's a neat locking mechanism, but not very neat when you have to take it apart!

Interesting history - the plant these were made in in Guernica was actually unscathed in the Condor Legion's bombing of the city.

GLWS. I have a Model 300 that was delivered to the Germans in '43, and it is a very high quality piece.

LIQUIDATING THE SAFE!

Here we have a very nice condition Astra 400. These are chambered in 9mm Largo and hail from Spain. Some were used by Germany in WW2 but this one was not.
The proof mark lettering is still very bright and legible with the paint still nice and popping out.
The natural shine on the slide and frame from the blueing still amazes and the pictures don't do it justice.
In fact, the reason why I had to take them so dark is because in natural sunlight the shine on the metal was washing out the camera quality.
This is a James-Bond esque gun for sure and why I was attracted to it originally. I think these are awesome guns that fly under the radar of a lot of people.
Asking 500. Comes with 2 free boxes of 9mm largo from Steinel!

View attachment 778589 View attachment 778590 View attachment 778591 View attachment 778592 View attachment 778593 View attachment 778594
Is this still available/what would you want to trade for it?

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top