JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I am currently residing in Los Angeles and have plans to move to Portland. Truthfully, the idea of being able to obtain NFA weapons legally is part of the appeal.

I'm reading local LEO has to sign off on the paperwork. How willing is the sheriffs department or other local law enforcement agency to sign off in Multnamoh County?

I've had no problem getting sign off for 4 suppressors in Multnomah, the longest I've had to wait was a week, the last time was 4 days.

you know you can just use a NFA trust and skip the CLEO signoff, photos, fingerprints, etc and just submit the trust and form 4 or form 1...

They are talking about changing that method soon, but for now it is still an option.

It always cracks me up when someone asks whether or not a CLEO will sign and half of the posts are about trusts.

I can confirm from personal experience that CLEO in Portland is signing. Call ahead, be polite - they'll work with you.

FYI Portland is in Multnomah county and is the least gun friendly county. Wait time for CCL is 6 months.
You might want to look at Clackamas county it is not far from Portland and wait time for CCL is weeks.
This is my understand.
I lived in NJ so I know what it is like to live in a state like Ca.

FYI Portland is in Multnomah county and is the least gun friendly county. Wait time for CCL is 6 months.
You might want to look at Clackamas county it is not far from Portland and wait time for CCL is weeks.
This is my understand.
I lived in NJ so I know what it is like to live in a state like Ca.
Or better yet, Washington county where the Sheriff has publicly stated he will not enforce laws he feels violate the Second Amendment.

Plus, you just gotta love a sheriff with the name of Pat Garrett

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads