JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey all. Would anyone have any experience with the Cimarron Thunderer or Lightning? I'm interested in acquiring a single action in .38 Special or .357 Magnum and I got to check out the former the last time was at the farm supply. I was very tempted to buy one then and there, but I was already picking up some relatively expensive equipment and, candidly, I'm not sure how good these are beyond the look and feel.

Anyone have experience with them? Yea or nay? Something else you'd recommend?

Thanks!

I'm reanimating this slightly cold thread because I'm being tempted by a used Thunderer on GB right now. I've wanted one of these (or a BHG Vaquero) for years.
The Vaqueros are great, high quality pieces, but they're also HK-money... that's a big bite for a plinker.
I've read about some "generational" QC issues but can't really nail it down which years if any have had problems. When asked, the vendor didn't know the production date but did provide the serial #, which seems to be a dead end.
Any fresh info on these?

BTW: the auction is @ $400, shipping is 30. At 430 bones, the used one is only 30-50 bucks less than a NIB unit so I won't be heartbroken if I "lose" it.

I ended up buying the smaller Lightning.* It had issues out of the box (thread here). Now it runs fine and is fun to shoot.

* This one:

388580-d6b97b9be8f244f9fd6a5a8b2e3fc2e0.jpg

I ended up buying the smaller Lightning.
I was considering the Lightening but decided against it, even tho whatever I get will eat 90+% .38spl. I've got nothing against .38, but this will pretty much be a companion piece for my .357 Blackhawk so ammo, even plinking ammo, could get weird if not monitered... plus I was recently "gifted" 1000 rds of .357.
C'mon... who hasn't bought a gun cuz... free ammo?

Appreciate the thread link, @CountryGent, some VERY useful info in there. Ima gonna buy one of these critters just for fun... not today, but soon.

From what I've heard, since I don't NEED it, it should be banned... bloody wankers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top