Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Chupacabra!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cougfan2, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

The article below begs the question.........What caliber for Chupacabra? :laugh:

Was El Chupacabra Spied in Texas?

Published July 15, 2010
    | FoxNews.com

The mythical creature known as "el chupacabra" has captured the public's imagination for years ... but is it real or just a case of mistaken identity? Look at the latest sightings and judge for yourself.

New claims of the legendary Chupacabra are causing a stir for some North Texas residents. Their fears arose after a local animal control officer shot two canine-like animals in Hood County, Texas.

The mythical creature has captured the public's imagination for years. Carcasses of the coyote-like chupacabra have been "identified" across the U.S. -- the latest is even on display in an upstate New York museum.

The chupacabra comes from Hispanic folklore, where it is supposedly known for attacking goats and other livestock (chupacabra means "goat sucker" in Spanish). It was even featured on the popular television series "The X-Files."

"All I know is, it wasn't normal," said animal control officer Frank Hacket, who shot one of the animals in a local rancher's barn. "It was ugly, real ugly. I'm not going to lie on that one."

This is nothing new for Texas State University biologist Mike Forstner. In 2007, Forstner performed a DNA test on another alleged Chupacabra, only to find the beast was really a coyote.

"We're either going to find out that they're a Mexican hairless dog species, and may have been someone's pet, or that they're coyotes," Forstner said.

2. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Something in a military caliber like 5.56, 7.62, .45acp since obviously the Mexico-legal calibers aren't doing the job!

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

The picture wouldn't post, but it looked to me like a coyote that had a horrible case of mange.

4. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

762Xyour choice, and 12g if they get close think Zombie training

5. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

It's clear that enchanted silver in some form of a .3x caliber would be best.

6. tallshipsgo

tallshipsgo Springfield OR Well-Known Member

I saw it on the tube last night and thought the same thing. It needed to be shot just out of mercy - it looked terrible.

7. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

kill-it-with-fire.jpg

8. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

I would use my AR in 7.62x39 - good for pigs so it should handle this critter too .... ;)

9. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member