JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a great deal and the barell is fixed to the frame along with plastic mags. Seam to take too long to break in and just feels cheap. You may want to spend a little extra and get the GSG 1911. If you want to try the GSG out send me a PM and you can come over and try it out. If you give me enough notice I can get ahold of the Chiappa also from my brother so you can compare the two.

Thanx for the reply. I just tried it out and seemed to function OK with hollow points and round nose. Haven't been able to see if I can hit anything yet. Again, Thanx a bunch,

Louie

Like most of their products it's really going to be hit or miss on the quality line. It's a budget gun and you'll get budget quality. I got to fire one a few months ago and I disliked the fixed barrel. The weapon fired flawlessly for 200 rounds between shooters. Accuracy was so-so at 15yd.

I've had a look at one and that was enough to convince me to spend the extra scratch on the GSG. I dont know about the Chiappa but the GSG is compatible with real 1911 parts. The guts from my Operator wound up in mine.

I have one and am really happy with it. Yeah, it's an inexpensive .22 plinker so I don't expect Kimber-type fit and finish. The only problems I've had is FTE/FTF when using cheap ammo and it gets really gunked up.

Took awhile to break it in and a couple thorough cleanings. It goes bang and puts a smile on my face because I can blow through a brick of .22 for much cheaper than 50 rds of ACP.

I had one which I recently sold for a different project. If your looking for a cheap plinker thats exactly what it is. I did want to add a ambi-saftey and took it to the gunsmith thinking that the 45 parts would work they did not according to the gunsmith in Vinetta, west of Eugene.

Something else I didn't care for too much was the ramp front sight, in the instructions it said that the ramp front site was built up so that it could be filed down so the alignment can fit the shooter. I never did file it down so for me to hit the target my front sight extended half way up the rear site.

The metal the slide is made of is very soft so is the finish. you cant stratch it with a fingernail, but its pretty soft. I did expect a little more for 285.00.

My suggestion is go with the GSG, I have racked a few and they seem solid(not shot though) and it didn't go clank clank when I flipped the gun from side to side.

Had a few ftf every now and then. I had fun with it. Mags are expensive for a cheap pistol I think about 20.00 then again could have been the store, but I doubt it Gun Pro in Eugene is pretty good.

scale of 1 to 10 a 7.