Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Charter Arms Drops the .327 but adds the .40 S&W

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Pandaz3, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have been interested in the Charter Arms .327 Patriot and was looking at Cheaper Than Dirt and priced one there at$350 something. I then went to the Charter Arms website to see the suggested price ...and it was Gone ...Vanished.... Not on the product list.

And now gone from stock at Cheaper Than Dirt.

I did see an interesting new model to me though .... A .40 Cal revolver I see where this could be very interesting to a lot of people. Many law Enforcement orgganizations require a .40 service automatic on duty and still require or allow being armed off duty too. This might be a good back up choice for them.

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Did you notice if Charter Arms has released the .45 (also no moon clips needed) revolver yet? It was supposed to be out earlier this year and I want one!

Guess not, it's not listed on their site yet.

3. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I expect that they are using the lips of the case as a stop for keeping the ammunition going too deep in the cylinder, and since the 10MM is a good bit longer you would then have troubles. Plus this is a light gun and I don't think it would be comfortable for all to shoot. The .40 S&W is pretty stout for a light gun, as is their Bulldog .44 Special. The .45 ACP make sense as it is a very popular round.

You know if they could make a second cylinder....10 Would be good.

4. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I've been looking into .40S&W revolvers lately. Figure if I can cut down our calibre spread we could shoot more. I'd be pretty happy switching out my snub .357 for a snub .40.

5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

That's the reason I wanted the .45 ACP without moon clips.

6. Pandaz3

I ran across a YouTube review on the 40 revolver and thought I should add it to this thread.