JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone tell me where I can find grip screws, in challace/thread format?
To make myself clear, not the screws that thread in-to the bushing, but screws that hold the grip on, and thread directly to the frame.

Here's another way of explaining my need.

Call them....grip screws that are challace bushing diameter and thread pitch

Last Edited:
No. Those are challace "bushings"
Ah; I think I see the disconnect: You're seeking a straight, single-connection solution bypassing the bushings altogether with just a screw of the pitch and diameter of the particular challice bushing that you're looking to delete?
I'd suggest going into a good Ace hardware and asking the nuts n bolts guy. Can't be too far off a standard thread. Maybe a #10-32? Curious to see what you find...

I found a tap for standard 1911 bushings through Midway; the size is indeed a bit weird.
Swenson Grip Bushing Tap 1911 .236"-60 Thread
Unless Challise is using a proprietary threading (unlikely), this may be what you're looking for. Though I'm pretty sure Ace doesn't carry that... :D Good luck!

I found a tap for standard 1911 bushings through Midway; the size is indeed a bit weird.
Swenson Grip Bushing Tap 1911 .236"-60 Thread
Unless Challise is using a proprietary threading (unlikely), this may be what you're looking for. Though I'm pretty sure Ace doesn't carry that... :D Good luck!
note:
Swenson taps are made of solid steel and designed for use on the 1911 grip frame.

Notes:

Requires Grip Bushing Tap 7/32" and Grip Screw Tap #31

Perhaps images will help.
20190824_115735.jpg
20190824_115749.jpg
20190824_115939.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews