Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS OR Caspian Colt 38 Super Open Comp Gun

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by akeefer, Jul 24, 2014.

1. akeefer

akeefer Canby, OR Well-Known Member

Morning everyone,

I have found a 2011 that I’ve been looking for and need to sell off the rest of my collection to afford it and the ammo required to keep it happy. =) This is my creme d’la creme of my collection, most are things I decided to keep long term, but plans changed.

Up for sale is a classic Open Division gun. It can be used for Open class or you can leave off the comp and shoot normal without a red dot. I bought this as a project, but came across a STI I like better, so this one must go. It is a Caspian double stack frame with a Colt Mark IV upper in 38 Super. The barrel is by Clark and is super duper accurate. If you’ve never shot a comp’d 38 super, boy oh boy, it’s like a realllllllly loud .22lr. No muzzle rise, just a big “POOF” of gas shooting up every shot. This is a shooting man’s game gun, so it has a bit of wear on it. It is tapped for a frame mounted red dot. (Tasco ProPoint is included). Barrel is threaded for the compensator, but easily removed.

Has an excellent Bo-Mar rear sight that can be removed and includes a slide racker for when using the red dot. Grip safety is pined and disabled for competition reliability. Trigger job and recent refresh by R&K Gunsmithing of Nampa, Idaho. This is a shooter. It could use a new Cerakote job to really shine. Considered getting that done before the STI came around. Anyway, I also have 38 super reloading supplies as well if you are inclined. (VitaVitouri 3N38 Power for example) Comes with 4 17 round Caspian Hi-Cap mags.

Pics:

VCcdolr.jpg

g1dVWY4.jpg

uKssiTb.jpg

t2GqDNO.jpg

e36araa.jpg

Price to build up a gun like this is in the thousands, but you can have this already proven model for much cheaper. I am accepting offers but for sake of forum rules, I will put the take home price at $800 cash.

Thanks!

twowheels likes this.
  2. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

I have a race ready foster framed 45 single stack (also caspian) can't say enough good about these frames. They are machined AFTER being heat treated, so they are dead on to spec. Looks like you have the caspian comp on there too! Who ever buys this is getting a great deal. This is making me think about getting into a 38 super again.

3. Barachiah

Barachiah Eastern Oregon at last Active Member

Jesus that's a steal! I just bought a comp gun by Wilson otherwise you'd be one race gun light.

4. akeefer

Bump still available!

5. Bogey182

Bogey182 Dallas Member

s

6. akeefer

Yes???

7. Bogey182

Bogey182 Dallas Member

I am interested, but have several questions. Can you email me? Or is there a way to leave private messages on this site, it has changed since last time I was on it a few years back.

8. Bogey182

Bogey182 Dallas Member

I am interested and have questions, but am having a hard time getting anything to post. Not sure what I am doing it has been a long time since I was on this site.
    Can I email you?

9. nfield4

nfield4 Mid Willamette Valley, OR Active Member

Convo started.