1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Casey from Richland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thurston24, Feb 6, 2012.

1. thurston24

thurston24 Richland, WA Member

I came across this forum the other day and I'm happy I found it. My name is Casey Thurston and I currently reside in Richland. I work as a Risk Analyst for a small business and help with the clean up of Hanford.

Lately, I realized that I needed to get into a hobby as I'm too old to continue playing baseball and decided that I needed to start shooting more often. A few years ago I bought a Springfield XDM, when they first came out and have just started shooting it regularly in the last couple of months. I've started getting into shooting Steel Challenge, though I usually finish near the bottom, which is fine since I am improving all of the time.

I am what I would call an average or below average pistol shooter, when compared to those who have been doing it for a few years, but it's still fun and I figure I will improve as I practice more and more. I want to start shooting USPSA matches and probably will pretty soon. They look like a lot of fun.

I'm also interested in getting into three gun shooting as well. I shot rifles pretty well in the Marine Corps and grew up as a bird hunter so I am adequate with a shotgun. Honestly, I think it looks about as much fun as you can have and I figure that my shooting skills with long guns could hopefully offset my less than stellar pistol skills. The only thing is I have to get an AR soon so I can start, so if you know someone who is looking to sell one, let me know and maybe I can take it off their hands.

Also, I'm probably going to get into reloading so I can shoot more, since ammo for a .40 is kind of expensive. I'm still trying to determine what would be a good set up to start with, though I'm starting to understand a turret or progressive press would be the best to start with. Either way, it will be fun to start learning.

Anyways, finding a local forum is pretty exciting. It would be nice to start getting to know some other people in the area and maybe have a shooting buddy or two.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum from the Oregon Coast!
  3. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

4. wombat

wombat Kirkland, WA Member

Casey, welcome aboard! Keep practicing and smiling ... it always gets better.