JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you had one gun to carry, in any weather, in any clothing, under any circumstance, would you take a G23 or a 50-60's 5-shot S&W .357mag? Reason I'm asking is, a neighbor of mine, 60 or 70 years old, told me he would give me his .357 and 300 bucks for my Glock. I shot the .357 and it was great, and its easier to carry.

Well, they both have their pros and cons. I, personally, would take an auto over a revolver any day of the week...especially if it is below a .44 mag (but that's just me).

.357 Mag, although a formidable calliber, has it's flaws. If you fire .357 mag out of a pistol that has less than 3" of barrel, you would be better off shooting .38 SPC +P down it. The reason for that is, is because the powder in the cassing is still burning- even though the bullet is already out of the barrel.

Nevertheless, if it is easier for you to carry- then I think you already have your answer as to the gun you should CC.

I'm a big fan of the six for sure concept. For a carry gun I like the simplicity of a failure drill with a revolver. If it goes click twice, reload. Also, it sounds like a nice .357 revolver. Further down the road, you could easily replace the Glock if you decided to...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top