JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Looking to buy or potentially do a trade for a Carcano in 6.5mm. Sporterized might be ok if not too butchered. Located in Beaverton.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Yikes! :eek:

Here's hoping they straighten it out ASAP. (And there goes my fleeting thought of acquiring a Mauser from them.)

The full story is I placed the order yesterday, I got the call earlier today that they were actually out of stock. I asked when I could expect to see a refund and they told me they didn't charge anyone until the order ships...but after the call I checked my account and found the money was indeed taken out of my account. I'm hoping this amount is just being "held" otherwise I'll have a rigamarole to go through.

Pulled it out of the safe today. Sorry for the delay.
I haven't looked at it in years and it isn't as rough as I thought it was. It is missing the thing that goes inside the adjustable sight and the sling mount in the stock. Otherwise, I think it is all there.

8D0E8BF8-D955-4E0C-ACA5-8329E344E011.jpeg 70612956-5C57-4BE8-BF4A-0DBD66394A90.jpeg EBACA7B7-0C55-4485-9A80-EFBA87E78262.jpeg D2C680E2-DE0D-466E-8478-C4FB1631655E.jpeg

The one with the cut-down stock looks fairly promising actually. How much do you want for it? I'd also be willing to trade for it if you have something in mind that I might have and am not attached to.

Yikes! :eek:

Here's hoping they straighten it out ASAP. (And there goes my fleeting thought of acquiring a Mauser from them.)

Looks like it was just the bank holding the amount... and I got it back without having to bug Royal Tiger, so I suppose in this regard they've done ok by me.

I have a rifle that I purchased awhile back and thought about 'shortening' the barrel until I found out it was 'progressive' and should only be cut down on the breech end, not the muzzle. So the only thing done to it was to cut down the full stock and bend the bolt. Not really 'sporterized' but it did work for me. Ammo clips were/are the hardest to come by but I did get a few. Hornady did/does make some ammo but it is on the hot side. Bullet diameter selection is critical if you reload. The Lyman 45th edition has reload data.

I've already ended up purchasing the pair offered to me above (and made good headway in de-sporterizing)... but do you happen to have any of the original parts? In particular any rear sight components or handguards.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.