Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Carbon 15

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Jman83, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Jman83

Jman83 GO DUCKS!!! Member

Does anyone know if you can use a carbon 15 lower with a regular ar upper? I didn't know if metal to carbon would crack the carbon somehow. Thanks ahead of time for the info. Jman83:cool:

2. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

I had a Prof Ord one and the upper wouldnt fit on my bushy lower. It was about a 1/4 hole off between the two

3. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

Did it align with the mag well on the front take-down pin? So the back pin would be off 1/4" or were both pins off 1/8"?

4. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

front pins lined up, rear did not.It was also very tight in the lower on front . This was the first carbon 15 before bushy bought the design. I hear that they made some design changes. I have seen combo ar's carbon fiber and metal at the shows but i have no idea what brand components they were.

5. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

Just checking. I would hope that Bushmaster made some design changes...like making it standardized with other AR specs.