JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking of trading my ar15 for a carbon-15 for the weight difference for my wife. is the durability any less than the ar or as reliable as an ar? what about parts and accessories? please let me know if you have/had one and your likes and dislikes about them.

I have seen some uppers that have taken a beating from the ejecting shell casings. I used to have an AR-180B with a poly lower and I was alway leary about it breaking at the pivot pin. IMPO I would stay with an all metal AR.

I have one no problems and have both a bushmaster version and a professional ord version.

Why they are light AND easy to hold on target, their light weight even with a muzzle brake makes the recoil more than a regular AR-15. Somewhere between a AR-15 carbine and a AK-47 in 7.62x39

BTW I saw a complete 'plastic lower' with plastic trigger group AR-15 with a collapsible stock for $175 at the last portland show. I think it was stoner arms 503-798-5048. I could be wrong. You could get that an a bushmaster 'plastic upper' with a 16 inch barrel or even 11.5 with 5.5 flash hider for even more weight saving. The plus it that it has a coll. stock which depending on your wife's LOP may help more than the weight.

I am short but can hold a 10+ pount rifle if it is balanced well

I really like it because of the weight savings. Last time I had it at the gunsmith they seriously had all of there employees come over and hold it for a few minutes because of how light it was. They all loved it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top