Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Canadian Black Bear Rug

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Item Classifieds' started by Black Bart, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Black Bart

Black Bart Columbia County Oregon Member

item remoned from sale or trade due to lack of interest and donated to Oregon Hunter Association for yearly fund raiser

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. pinecenega

pinecenega oregon coast New Member

Would like to see photo

3. Black Bart

Somehow I am unable to add pictures on my thread but I can forward photos to your e-mail . Please respond and I will e-mail pictures. Thanks BB

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  4. johtree

johtree oregon Member

every once in a while i see an ad like this and like to point out that while it may be a canadian black bear the state of oregon does not care, to sell this in oregon is illegal, please save your self some grief and headache if you do not believe me call our wonderful oregon department of fish and wildlife to hear it from the "horses mouth "

john

5. jp1985

jp1985 Linn County, Oregon Active Member

removed

6. Black Bart

Thanks JP for your info. The bear pelt is taged with taxedermist name and address and I have also have the invoice and the proof of the cost. I would not trade it if we had not downsize. It is good to know that the site has some knowledgable senior members informing the jonior members. Just to confirm I will follow your information. BB

7. johtree

johtree oregon Member

so is a black bear a " unprotected mammal "

well then my being in-correct comes from the ODFW , as i have called and also asked OSP about this very thing "NOT WORD OF MOUTH "..........

you all can decide what is legal and not , i know someone who paid a fine and lost his hunting rights for selling a shoulder mount black bear , now you tell me what the difference in a bear rug and a shoulder mount black bear, i may be off on some of this

but here is something to look at and i think they have a better grasp on it than you or i do .....

State Regulations on sale of Bear Skins (tanned) and Grizzly Bear Rugs or Bearskins or Bear Fur

8. Black Bart

I will try to get some information on this but as I read into it I don't see the black bear as protected. The state might want to regulate it for generating funds. BB

9. k7grc

k7grc Banks, Or Active Member

(3) Any person may sell or exchange the hide, carcass, or any part thereof, of any legally taken
    furbearing or unprotected mammal.

635-050-0050
    Definitions

(7) "Furbearers or furbearing mammals" means beaver, bobcat, fisher, marten, mink, muskrat,
    otter, raccoon, red fox, and gray fox

"Unprotected Mammals and Birds" are European starling, house sparrow, rock pigeon and any
    mammal species for which there are no closed seasons or bag limits.

there is a bag limit on bear...

10. cooper

cooper molalla Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I ran into this same issue last year. I got a rug through a trade and was fortunate enough to be a member of this GREAT COMMUNITY. Another member was trying to sell/trade his rug so he kept me updated with legal issues as the posts to his ad grew. What we learned was that if the taxidermy was inspected/tagged by ODFW/OSP you were good to go with a public sale. I think Black Bart might not have to go that route though. Since the taxidermist has labeled/tagged the taxidermy the paper trail has allready been established ( BUT I DO NOT KNOW THAT AS FACT ) As far as ODFW/OSP tagging permit sale, that is a fact. Is it illegal to give taxidermy to others or dontate? I cannot wait for the day they will come knocking to inforce this much needed law. Think of the revenue stream?

11. Black Bart

I finally got hold of State Trooper through their dispatch, since the Fish and Wildlife representative was not familiar with this issue. In reference to Oregon Administrative Rules, (Division 200) 635-200-0020, any person may sell, purchase, or exchange the pelt, ---------- as allowed by OAR 635 Division 050. The seller or trader must have valid proof of legality of the hunted animal, providing the buyer or trade partner copies of legal documents and note the recepiant party's information. :thumbup:

12. Black Bart

photos of the rug finally added thanks to help section of threads on adding photos, and my son.

13. bush pilot

bush pilot On the edge Member

Nice - check your email

14. Black Bart

I did e-mail with reponse. Thanks James

15. Black Bart

BUMP

16. Black Bart

BUMP

17. Black Bart

Bump

18. Black Bart

Bumped with new lowered price of $500.00

19. Black Bart

bumped posted with new price for the last time.