JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
every once in a while i see an ad like this and like to point out that while it may be a canadian black bear the state of oregon does not care, to sell this in oregon is illegal, please save your self some grief and headache if you do not believe me call our wonderful oregon department of fish and wildlife to hear it from the "horses mouth "

john

Thanks JP for your info. The bear pelt is taged with taxedermist name and address and I have also have the invoice and the proof of the cost. I would not trade it if we had not downsize. It is good to know that the site has some knowledgable senior members informing the jonior members. Just to confirm I will follow your information. BB

John, Actually you are incorrect. Please do some research for yourself and not just listen to word of mouth before giving people incorrect information.

Straight from the ODFW book.

635-200-0020
Furbearing and Unprotected Mammals Generally
(1) Any person may sell, purchase or exchange the pelt, carcass or any part thereof, of any legally taken furbearing or unprotected mammal as allowed by OAR 635 Division 050.

Link to book.
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/OARs/200.pdf

JP

so is a black bear a " unprotected mammal "

well then my being in-correct comes from the ODFW , as i have called and also asked OSP about this very thing "NOT WORD OF MOUTH "..........

you all can decide what is legal and not , i know someone who paid a fine and lost his hunting rights for selling a shoulder mount black bear , now you tell me what the difference in a bear rug and a shoulder mount black bear, i may be off on some of this

but here is something to look at and i think they have a better grasp on it than you or i do .....

State Regulations on sale of Bear Skins (tanned) and Grizzly Bear Rugs or Bearskins or Bear Fur

John, Actually you are incorrect. Please do some research for yourself and not just listen to word of mouth before giving people incorrect information.

Straight from the ODFW book.

635-200-0020
Furbearing and Unprotected Mammals Generally
(1) Any person may sell, purchase or exchange the pelt, carcass or any part thereof, of any legally taken furbearing or unprotected mammal as allowed by OAR 635 Division 050.

Link to book.
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/OARs/200.pdf

JP

(3) Any person may sell or exchange the hide, carcass, or any part thereof, of any legally taken
furbearing or unprotected mammal.

635-050-0050
Definitions

(7) "Furbearers or furbearing mammals" means beaver, bobcat, fisher, marten, mink, muskrat,
otter, raccoon, red fox, and gray fox

"Unprotected Mammals and Birds" are European starling, house sparrow, rock pigeon and any
mammal species for which there are no closed seasons or bag limits.

there is a bag limit on bear...

I ran into this same issue last year. I got a rug through a trade and was fortunate enough to be a member of this GREAT COMMUNITY. Another member was trying to sell/trade his rug so he kept me updated with legal issues as the posts to his ad grew. What we learned was that if the taxidermy was inspected/tagged by ODFW/OSP you were good to go with a public sale. I think Black Bart might not have to go that route though. Since the taxidermist has labeled/tagged the taxidermy the paper trail has allready been established ( BUT I DO NOT KNOW THAT AS FACT ) As far as ODFW/OSP tagging permit sale, that is a fact. Is it illegal to give taxidermy to others or dontate? I cannot wait for the day they will come knocking to inforce this much needed law. Think of the revenue stream?

I finally got hold of State Trooper through their dispatch, since the Fish and Wildlife representative was not familiar with this issue. In reference to Oregon Administrative Rules, (Division 200) 635-200-0020, any person may sell, purchase, or exchange the pelt, ---------- as allowed by OAR 635 Division 050. The seller or trader must have valid proof of legality of the hunted animal, providing the buyer or trade partner copies of legal documents and note the recepiant party's information. :s0155:

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top