Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Buoy 10

Discussion in 'Northwest Fishing' started by KalamaMark, Aug 18, 2013.

1. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

BAMCIS and (deleted member) like this.
  2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Barb-less hooks suck.

3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Would like to go but my boat is only 16' and I have fished down there and will not use it there. Too much can go wrong quick on the water... Good luck guys.

4. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

Yep. We had 5 shake off in two days. Also caught some Jacks that would have been legal to keep if they were a couple miles upstream in the tributaries.

5. Salps

Salps Down by the river…. Well-Known Member

One of the most dangerous places to fish in the world.... Fished there since I was about 8 years old.

6. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Heard that. Why?

7. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Things can go south in a big hurry.
    The tide and wind can pile up some big waves in a hurry, and combine that with thousands of crazy fisherman with very little seamanship makes for an interesting day on the water.
    Just launching your boat can lead to fist fights.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Salps

Went fishing just up river from Astoria bridge last two days. Bite is red hot in the morning. Limited both days and one was 35 lbs. Nice chrome fish. Most fish 12 to 18 lbs. Getting a bit crowded I bet Buoy is a mad house.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  9. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

For good cheap entertainment take a cooler full of beer and a lawn chair and head to the Hammond boat ramp. Grab a good spot and just watch the idiots launch their boats. Then around noon to about 2:00, when the wind is blowing real good watch them load their boats. It's fun for the entire family!

I watched a well known guide put his kicker motor right through the radiator of a brand new Chevy pick-up who's owner was trying to push his boat into the water because the guide thought he was to good to wait. Anti-freeze went all over and he messed up his kicker motor pretty bad. I told his six clients I couldn't take them all, but as long as they knew how to fish (that is I didn't have to teach them anything) I could take one. They didn't know the first thing about salmon fishing and they didn't really want to be split up. I said, "Fair enough" and left.

10. Salps

i do that at home, love to watch the yahoo's launching.