JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Things can go south in a big hurry.
The tide and wind can pile up some big waves in a hurry, and combine that with thousands of crazy fisherman with very little seamanship makes for an interesting day on the water.
Just launching your boat can lead to fist fights.

Went fishing just up river from Astoria bridge last two days. Bite is red hot in the morning. Limited both days and one was 35 lbs. Nice chrome fish. Most fish 12 to 18 lbs. Getting a bit crowded I bet Buoy is a mad house.

Just launching your boat can lead to fist fights.

For good cheap entertainment take a cooler full of beer and a lawn chair and head to the Hammond boat ramp. Grab a good spot and just watch the idiots launch their boats. Then around noon to about 2:00, when the wind is blowing real good watch them load their boats. It's fun for the entire family!

I watched a well known guide put his kicker motor right through the radiator of a brand new Chevy pick-up who's owner was trying to push his boat into the water because the guide thought he was to good to wait. Anti-freeze went all over and he messed up his kicker motor pretty bad. I told his six clients I couldn't take them all, but as long as they knew how to fish (that is I didn't have to teach them anything) I could take one. They didn't know the first thing about salmon fishing and they didn't really want to be split up. I said, "Fair enough" and left.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top