JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a build I did on a bone stock Savage 111 package rifle I bought from Bi-mart for $350. It was chambered for 30-06. I cut the original stock, built up a heavy wood back stock, built in an AR15 grip and also built and shaped a new forend into it. I then replaced the sporter barrel with a factory heavy target barrel in 25-06 with a 1-9 twist. The finish is 3 coats of primer, then 2 coats of Krylon Stone finish paint and then 2 coats of Krylon Camo black. The final paint will be a 3 tone camo. I will do that as soon as it warms up outside. Final weight is 14.5 pounds. 1st day on the range with a 10 shot break in I was withing 3/4" moa @200 yards with Hornady 100 grain ballistic tip boat tails. As the barrel breaks in I know this gun will shoot 1/4" moa's all day long.
Stock rifle http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

MIsc010.jpg
MIsc013.jpg
MIsc014.jpg

My son is doing a similar thing with the same starting point a Bi Mart Savage Model: 111 FCXP3 Except he's building it towards a traditional Hunting rifle. The package scope was a Joke (we knew that going in) He's now looking at the Mueller 3-9X and Vortex rings (nothing expensive just good working) He will end up upgrading to a Laminated or Walnut stock to class up the rifle a bit soon as we find one he likes and I have the time to do the conversion. I'll have to do the Mods to the stock to deal with the removable magazine since we can't find any stock makers that offer that.

Savage makes a damn fine shooting Bolt action always have, My Dads 110DL (left hand barreled action) he set into a full lenght glass bedded straight grained Walnut Fajen stock would out shoot anyone who tried it. I could get consistant MOA groups at 100 yards with my handloads and I knew if I had been better I could have cut that in half.

Very cool. Been thinking about doing something similar in .260 Rem or 6.5 Grendel (with a matching AR) next year.

Savage makes great guns. I wish it was easier to get higher capacity magazines and some of the stock options are limited.

Very cool. Been thinking about doing something similar in .260 Rem or 6.5 Grendel (with a matching AR) next year.

Savage makes great guns. I wish it was easier to get higher capacity magazines and some of the stock options are limited.

If you stick to the short actions, you have a lot of options for 10 round mags. I only load 1 round at a time so the mags didn't mean much to me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top