JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger LC9S or LC9S Pro. I'm very happy with mine, even if it ain't the prettiest gun around.
Appreciate that. But, as I said earlier, despite their CS being great, and the functionality being fine, the last semi-auto pistol i bought from them was shipped without even being fully assembled. So, unless i see those creep below 200, i'll probably continue to pass.

The only thing holding me back on the MC1 is the unorthodox takedown method.
It's actually not that hard. I have a disability that affects both my hands and taking mine down was no issue. I actually prefer the MC1sc over the Shield because the grip fits me better. YMMV.

I should state my reasonings.....

The MC1. Huh. A pistol made by a company that has never made one nor made any other model since. Nope. That just doesn't make sense. And I like Mossberg.

The Taurus? Well come on now...do I even have to say anything?

I should state my reasonings.....

The MC1. Huh. A pistol made by a company that has never made one nor made any other model since. Nope. That just doesn't make sense. And I like Mossberg.

The Taurus? Well come on now...do I even have to say anything?
Those Tauruses aren't bad, but I know your point. Mossberg's first firearm was a pistol, but that was 100+ years ago.

Those Tauruses aren't bad, but I know your point. Mossberg's first firearm was a pistol, but that was 100+ years ago.

Yeah I wasn't going to even go down that road since it's irrelevant. My point is stick with something that is tried and true and has a good warranty.

The Shield is the only one in your list that fits that criteria. :)

A Glock 43X can be had for right at your intended budget. It would be my first choice but the Shield would be a quick second. :)

Would consider Springfield xds single stacks, but don't want Springfield to get any of my money.

I'm a Springfield guy. I have others, but I like my Springfield's. For the spec and price you're looking at my opinion is it should be on the list for consideration.

Not an attempt to hijack or change the direction of the thread, but it's interesting to me that Shields are okay and many of the comments lean that way, where's the outrage from the S&W Clinton agreement? I guess just time heals wounds...;)

I'm not saying I approve of what happened. But with the amount of anti-gun lobbying taking place at the state and federal level it's impossible (for me) to think these major manufacturers don't have contingency plans in place that include playing politics. SA got caught. Mods don't ban me for the sacrilege:s0140:

I had a Ruger LC9S.

Had to send to factory to fix front sight. After first round, it flipped upside down and spinning.

Also, trigger pinched my index finger first joint. Had to wear a shooting glove to shoot it..

Plus, it had severe recoil.

I gave it away.

Micro guns are a thing of the past for me.

Generally I stick with 9, but since I bought a few hundred rounds of speer gold dot .40, I'm keeping an open mind.

short list is:
Mossberg mc1
Shield 9 or 40
Taurus G2S

trying to keep it below 450, and new or refurbished used, unless purchased from a well regarded NWFA member. So glocks are mostly out. Would otherwise end up with a g36 or 43. Would consider Springfield xds single stacks, but don't want Springfield to get any of my money. Also open to lower cost, but reliable revolvers in .357.
Any thoughts?
S & W EZ comes in 9 and 380. Love the one I got. Got it for under $400

How about a compact, double-stack semi-auto, capable of "10 shots quick!", made by a company only known for rifles and shotguns? Look at these sleek, modern lines:

1589397291619.png

Just kidding of course. It's a Savage model 1907 in .32 auto. :)
(photo borrowed from the internet, since I'm too lazy to dig mine out for a photo right now)

My budget 9mm is the Remington R51. Have two, picked both up for $200 each. Just picked up lasers for them for ~$50 each.
Accurate, fixed barrel, all metal, tough as nails, thin, conceals and carries very well.
Shoot the wrong ammo in it, it will be the worst jamming gun. Put the right ammo through it, flawless. I was rotating through three guns for carry, now only the R51.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top