JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Getting rid of some oldies that are just not serving any purpose but taking up space in the safe:

1. Thoroughly bubba'ed S&W 1917 in .45ACP. I bought this long ago, half-bubba'ed, and did even more to it. Since I have a nice clean one from Vinnie, this one is surplus. DA only, bobbed barrel, and molycoated (I think) was how I picked it up, and I added Pachy grips and had the hammer sorta-bobbed. Comes with 6 moon clips, a de-mooning tool, and 200 rds. of .45ACP LRN reloads that the local PD was using for plinking. $375

Would consider shipping, at actual cost.

By "bubba" I mean a play on words for "bubbaed," or a gun that's been severely altered from the original. The Smith & Wesson Model 1917, which mine bears no resemblance to beyond caliber and serial number, looks like this:

SmithWessonModel1917.jpg

All PMs replied to as of 2015 hrs, 18Jan10. This will be updated as conditions change, keeping overenthusiastic mods like Trlsmn from going ballistic over ad-bumping. :D

Possible trades, now:

Interested in CZ75s, maybe something in a 5.56 or 7.62x39 folder? Would add cash (or see other sales) for M1A.

Lessee....5906/910, SP101, Smith 317, 9mm single stack (full size), might get talked into a decent compact .45 (never having had one). Would want or would add some $$ to make a trade happen.

Last Edited:
How does this shoot? Any trigger work done to it? I have a Colt M1917 .45acp that I may be interested in trading you that is in un-altered condition minus a re-finish and a set of after-market wood grips.

PMs replied to so far.

And:

Is that 1917 Smith still a square but or did it get a round butt? As in.... would an original barrel/hammer/grips and repark everything make it almost..kinda...like original.

Still square. I'd looked at having it RBed, but it doesn't have quite as much frame there as the newer SB models and the gunsmith was advising against it. An original barrel/hammer/grips and repark would bring it pretty much back to its old self, yes - I think that the new hammer would un-DAO it, if I'm not mistaken.

How does this shoot? Any trigger work done to it? I have a Colt M1917 .45acp that I may be interested in trading you that is in un-altered condition minus a re-finish and a set of after-market wood grips.

No trigger work other than having it turned into a DAO. I haven't shot it with anything +P, but it handles normal loads just fine - no spitting or shaving. There's just a bit of wobble in the cylinder, so it doesn't have QUITE a perfect lockup, but that doesn't seem to affect anything.

Not terribly interested in the Colt at the moment, but wouldn't completely rule it out, either. And I've seen you running other goodies around, TM....:D

I'm back from Australia - please give me a call at the number in McMinnville I left for you and advise when you plan to swing past - will be happy to make the FTF with you then as previously discussed. Thanks for your patience!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.