JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Great condition Browning Model 81 BLR in 308 Win (serial# puts it in ca. 1990) so it has the popular steel receiver. The stock has been reworked (satin), the gloss finish on the standard rifle is great until you actually use it (my opinion - some people LOVE it). It comes with 3 magazines (these go for $70 each or so), and rings for $650.

I have a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 Matte BDC that I can include for an extra $100 (see photos - never taken into the field, just attached and sighted in). I also have some 308 Winchester factory rounds: 2 Boxes of Winchester 180 gr. Power Point ($22 each); 1 Box of Hornady Superformance Match 168 gr. A-Max ($28); 1 Box Remingon Express Core-Lokt 180 gr ($22); 1 Box Federal Premium Vital-Shok 150 grain Nosler Solid Base ($35). I will let the ammo go with the full package for an additional $100.

Gun, Rings, 3x Magazines $650, + Scope $750, + Ammo $850.

I will accept a partial trade for quality 357 mag or .556/223 ammo.

DSCN0105.JPG DSCN0108.JPG DSCN0110.JPG DSCN0113.JPG DSCN0115.JPG DSCN0116.JPG DSCN0117.JPG DSCN0118.JPG

My cousin had .243 and .308 m81's. In the early '80's 3 of us called ourselves the SPBB, the Society for the Prevention of Big Bucks. We hunted a lot in the Tiller/Days Creek area and had a heck of a time letting the smaller bucks get away. My cousin and his .308 was the top dog in the crew, we'd be watching a smaller buck and next thing we know that m81 would crack and another lil buck would hit the dirt. He would just say "I couldn't help it!". We were always on the verge of smacking him around w/that m81, he would shoot bucks out in front of people, "I couldn't help it!". Good guy, we all loved him, got crushed by an old growth on a landing in '88. His 2 boys have the 81's now. Always loved BLR's, the only lever gun I know of that could shoot right along side of a bolt rifle and give up nothing in accuracy (relatively speaking).

GLWS

Mine is in 7mm-08, and I will have to agree on the factory stock finish. Beautiful when hanging on the wall, easy to mess up in the field.
These are an easy handling and lightweight hunting rifle. Almost always seem to be my "go to". I sited it in years ago, and when I shoot it at various times duting the year, it is still dead on.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.